Magnet Usage on Ovation of the Seas

After many many cruise on Brand X cruise lines and now Royal Caribbean I experienced something a LITTLE surprising, and I do mean a LITTLE in the grand scheme of things, the walls in our stateroom were not metal, at least not the kind of metal that magnets will adhere to.  Our magnets would only adhere to the doors and obvious metal support structures.  This was a first for me.  Having magnets are still worth the time and money as they do help a lot.  This past cruise on the Ovation, I found a few new uses that I never though of before.  

Because we had a Loft Suite, we hung much of our empty luggage, coats, jackets from the stairwell supports, hung belts on the outside of the bathroom door, etc etc etc.  The closet on the first floor of the Loft Suite isn't very big, at all.  

I'm not sure that this metal wall thing is unique to the Loft Suites or not.  But, please take this as intended, just information, period. 

Jack Black Reaction GIF

39 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

The closet on the first floor of the Loft Suite isn't very big, at all.  

Neither is the one upstairs.  We could not fit everything into the upstairs closet and had to put some of our stuff downstairs.  You never gave any real feedback on your Loft Suite.  What did you think ?

7 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Neither is the one upstairs.  We could not fit everything into the upstairs closet and had to put some of our stuff downstairs.  You never gave any real feedback on your Loft Suite.  What did you think ?

Well, it was beautiful to look at when made up.  However, it is much smaller than most videos (VLOGS) and personal Youtube videos make it seem.  The "water closet" on the first level was lacking shelving/storage, actually none.  This is probably TMI but I'll say it anyway, while sitting on the toilet, there is no place to put your phone or device down while your hands are busy doing something else.  We picked the suite because of the 3 balconies, but we really didn't use them for relaxation, at all.  The weather saw to that, too cool and rained, for the most part.  I think it is a great suite for 2, not for 4, as someone, maybe you, pointed out in another thread.  Live and learn.  My wife and I slept on the convertible couch and my wife asked from the start for a topper, which the steward did a great job of.  I didn't because on the first night I slept fine.  But, after the 2nd and 3rd night, I could hardly get out of the damn thing, i hurt so bad.  I asked for another topper to be put on my side but they were out, so the Steward put a bunch of sheets, folded, in the areas that had the cross member and it made a world of difference.  I never used the roll-out bed that we ordered as the couch was big enough for us both.  We should have not changed from the more middle Loft Suite to the outer Loft Suite.  I guess the more middle Loft Suite is a little larger. The bottom line, is this particular Suite (10320) worth the money?  Yes and no.  Yes if there is just 2, not if there is 4.  

BTW, Eleanor, our head steward was fantastic, we fell in love with her humor, professionalism, and attention to detail.   

Our next cruise is a 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre.  We've been there, done that and am looking forward to it.  

22 minutes ago, 10-42 said:

Well, it was beautiful to look at when made up.  However, it is much smaller than most videos (VLOGS) and personal Youtube videos make it seem.  The "water closet" on the first level was lacking shelving/storage, actually none.  This is probably TMI but I'll say it anyway, while sitting on the toilet, there is no place to put your phone or device down while your hands are busy doing something else.  We picked the suite because of the 3 balconies, but we really didn't use them for relaxation, at all.  The weather saw to that, too cool and rained, for the most part.  I think it is a great suite for 2, not for 4, as someone, maybe you, pointed out in another thread.  Live and learn.  My wife and I slept on the convertible couch and my wife asked from the start for a topper, which the steward did a great job of.  I didn't because on the first night I slept fine.  But, after the 2nd and 3rd night, I could hardly get out of the damn thing, i hurt so bad.  I asked for another topper to be put on my side but they were out, so the Steward put a bunch of sheets, folded, in the areas that had the cross member and it made a world of difference.  I never used the roll-out bed that we ordered as the couch was big enough for us both.  We should have not changed from the more middle Loft Suite to the outer Loft Suite.  I guess the more middle Loft Suite is a little larger. The bottom line, is this particular Suite (10320) worth the money?  Yes and no.  Yes if there is just 2, not if there is 4.  

BTW, Eleanor, our head steward was fantastic, we fell in love with her humor, professionalism, and attention to detail.   

Our next cruise is a 2 Bedroom Aqua Theatre.  We've been there, done that and am looking forward to it.  

Oh, I forgot to mention, the black solid carbon coming out of the ship's exhaust settles on the balcony and it's furniture, making it next to impossible to enjoy the balcony even on beautiful days.  The steward(s) do a good job of removing it, once or twice a day.  But, it comes back quickly.  Can't eat on the balcony because of the grossness.  Not sure if this is normal or if the ship's engines weren't tuned up properly.  I'm not a diesel or fuel oil mechanic but I think that's a sign of burning too rich.

Thanks for the suite review, Jay.  Actually, the middle Lofts (both deck 8 and 10) are MUCH bigger in every respect to the corner ones.  I’m glad you all had a great cruise.  I have made it a mission to warn people away from those corner lofts.  IMO they should be Sky level, not Star.  I’ll bet if you stick with the middle lofts for next time you will have a very different outcome.

16 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Thanks for the suite review, Jay.  Actually, the middle Lofts (both deck 8 and 10) are MUCH bigger in every respect to the corner ones.  I’m glad you all had a great cruise.  I have made it a mission to warn people away from those corner lifts.  IMO they should be Sky level, not Star.  I’ll bet if you stick with the middle lofts for next time you will have a very different outcome.

Well, I want to say that we were ignorant of the differences, but, I think it was you that told us about the size difference AFTER the fact, that's not to put blame on you, not at all.  But, we made the change already and we lived with it.  My wife just looked up the square footage of both types of rooms and the middle lofts are almost 300 feet bigger.  After the fact, I wish I would have mentioned it here before doing it.  Again, live and learn.  😒

Thanks for trying though.

48 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

Why did the 2 of you sleep on the couch? 

We shared the suite with my old army buddy and his wife.  It was their first time cruising on Royal and obviously in Star Class.  I wanted them to have the full experience of Star Class so we elected to stay on the convertible couch and let them have the beautiful view from their bed and the upstairs loft amenities.