Scale in the Gym?

First of all congrats on the weight losss. I'm sure there was a lot of work behind that.

The gyms are well appointed and normally pretty empty. If you are on a treadmill make sure you take a few moments to get your sea legs. It can be a bit strange running on a object that is moving (After a minute or 2 you'll be fine but a rather strange feeling).

14 hours ago, luv2sail said:

Will be sailing on Ovation and Allure this summer.  After having lost 30 pounds, I am hoping to keep an eye on my vacation weight gain so it doesn't get out of control.

I have tried to keep track of my weight on the last 3 cruises.  The problem is it is not correct when the ship is moving.  There is a scale in all the gyms.  Go in while it is in port and get your weight before you take off.  Out of three scales all three were wrong but it gave me a base.  Then in each port I went back and checked it.

Note:  The last 14 day TA cruise I purchased a pair of blue jeans that we a size smaller.  I checked how they fit and I used them to check my weight on the cruise.  1/2 way though the cruise I was able to switch into the new jeans.  When I was done with the cruise I had to wear a belt with the new jeans.  

Note 2:  The one thing I did that helped is did not let them bring bread to the table at the beginning of the meal.  I also only at desert if it was worth the calories.  

8 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I have tried to keep track of my weight on the last 3 cruises.  The problem is it is not correct when the ship is moving.  There is a scale in all the gyms.  Go in while it is in port and get your weight before you take off.  Out of three scales all three were wrong but it gave me a base.  Then in each port I went back and checked it.

Note:  The last 14 day TA cruise I purchased a pair of blue jeans that we a size smaller.  I checked how they fit and I used them to check my weight on the cruise.  1/2 way though the cruise I was able to switch into the new jeans.  When I was done with the cruise I had to wear a belt with the new jeans.  

Note 2:  The one thing I did that helped is did not let them bring bread to the table at the beginning of the meal.  I also only at desert if it was worth the calories.  

Wow! Way to go!  Losing weight on a cruise is fantastic.

The bread idea is a good one.  I have lost weight by getting my carbs as low as possible each day.  I thought it would be the sugar that I would miss. But it is actually bread that I miss.

Congrats to everyone with the weight loss.

I lost 59lbs total since I gave up soda during the pandemic and even though I did 3 cruises in succession, my weight gain was nonexistent. I also had breads, star class food coma, drinks etc. I try to take the stairs a lot and find I usually lose weight on a cruise. I tend to eat more yes, but also do more. 

It is possible to lose weight while cruising.  I lost a pound on a 2 week cruise. The advice I was given is you can have A dessert or A drink at dinner. I also used fitness trainer (on another cruise line) on my sea days. This time, I purchased the unlimited fitness classes.  I hope to get one class in a day. (I don't do well when my exercise is not structured).  I like the idea of no bread on the table.  I usually stay away from the carbs and nibble at buffets - take just enough to get a taste of something.

Good luck.  Let me know if you actually lost weight or stayed the same.    

• 1 month later...

Swimming is a great way to lose weight, even for endomorphs (for those people who tend to gain weight). According to my observations, while swimming a person spends as many calories as when running, but as for me, it is much easier to force yourself to swim regularly than to run. You can also try cycling or calisthenics, which you can do even in your room or anywhere outside. In addition, from my personal experience, I recommend to buy Ligandrol. This is a non-steroidal oral drug that will help you increase lean body mass much easier and vice versa, reduce fat mass, which is extremely difficult for endomorphs to achieve.

I gained a pound after Alaska which is not too bad considering. We would have an appetizer and a drink or two in the lounge in the evening and THEN head to the yummy food in the Costal Kitchen. The last two days were basically sea days. They were cold and windy so I just curled up in the cabin. I have been holding steady since. Headed out on Allure in a couple days. The warm weather will allow more exercise. We are in a balcony. So no fun suite lounge treats or Costal Kitchen which will help. The MDR is fine, not complaining. A couple weeks after the ABC island cruise, I will head to Disney for a week.  I walk about 1000 miles a day on those trips. Then, fun time is over and it is back to work until next summer. Once at work, I will be back "on the wagon" and will try to loose another 30 pounds before next summer. We will be back in a suite again, so I need to prepare!

2 hours ago, bonzo1975 said:

Congratulations on your weight loss. I've lost about 12 lbs, myself, during the current part of my plan.

Thankfully I will be in the bulking part of my fitness plan on my upcoming cruise, so I can cheat a little bit lol

I cheated a bunch! Maybe I shouldn't have admitted to that and kept is a secret.🙂