Alaska Cruise From Vancouver

I mean, it could be too close if your flight is delayed, if there are issues getting off the plane, or if your luggage gets lost. I think you have to be on the ship by 4:30. I would plan at least 45 minutes to get through check in at the port. At least 45 mins to get from the airport to the port. At least 1 hour after you land to be out of the airport. You should have enough time, but you never know. Why not try to arrive the night before? And definitely get travel insurance : )

Speaking as someone who once missed a cruise because I chose to fly in the day of the cruise I have direct experience with making this mistake.  I screwed up.  My work schedule didn't make it convenient to fly the night before.  Lesson learned... the hard way.  

That was before the pandemic when airlines would cancel flights a lot less frequently compared to current times.

I hope you have travel insurance that will pay for the cruise if you miss the ship.  If that happens, which is a very real possibility with the way that airlines are operating these days understand the cruise line owes you nothing if you fail to make it to Vancouver in time.  You will get nothing back, no refund, no future cruise credit.   Is your vacation investment worth the gamble?

We have flown in on the day of the cruise twice.  We booked the earliest flight from San Diego to Vancouver through the cruise line (safest way since they will get you to the next port) and had no problems (it went through Seattle).  We also flew from DFW to Orlando for a cruise from Canaveral.  We booked the earliest non stop so that if it was delayed or cancelled we had options and we also had a private vehicle waiting for us.  We had no problems.  However, we have had problems on just regular flights that if we were cruising we would not have made it.  If you fly in on the same day book through the cruise line.

We recently got off the Serenade of the Seas and I think you should be fine. Your flying from TO so no issues at the airport with immigration or COVID tests and if you take the Skytrain(30min) to the port you should be able to get to the port with lots of time. Boarding does not start until 11am but the norm is a small delay so maybe noon. Assuming your flight is not delayed you will be sitting in the Vancouver port waiting to board the ship before noon.

Enjoy your cruise.