Adventure OTS MDR

I've been on the Adventure OTS twice since December 2021. While the ship, the staff and the entertainment were all very good, I was disappointed in the evening food in the MDR. One meal, I had fried seafood and the fish was inedible. Another time I had the turkey dinner, which I have previously enjoyed. It was like it came out of a Stouffers frozen meal box. In the Windjammer, I took a prepared chilidog and it was cold like it had just come out of a refrigerator. These were offset by some good meals but the poor quality was enough that I had to wonder if this was unique to the Adventure or if it was a general trend throughout RCI?

52 minutes ago, Al Horner said:

I've been on the Adventure OTS twice since December 2021. While the ship, the staff and the entertainment were all very good, I was disappointed in the evening food in the MDR. One meal, I had fried seafood and the fish was inedible. Another time I had the turkey dinner, which I have previously enjoyed. It was like it came out of a Stouffers frozen meal box. In the Windjammer, I took a prepared chilidog and it was cold like it had just come out of a refrigerator. These were offset by some good meals but the poor quality was enough that I had to wonder if this was unique to the Adventure or if it was a general trend throughout RCI?

This could be a general trend throughout.

I sail Indy and Mariner in Jan 2022, food was so bad in MDR/Windjammer. A grey ribeye and under seasoned/undercooked chicken, left a bad taste in my mouth, literally. Service was great but quality was definitely lacking. I figured it had to do with my personal taste as everyone else seemed to have enjoyed it. I had specialty dining, so all wasn't lost but I try to at least eat in both once a sailing for lunch or dinner.  I have heard stories on this board about the quality of food across the fleet. It could be supply issue or staff as new chefs may require time to get into a groove. 

I feel like I'm repeating myself but all these threads seem to coincide with our experiences.  Sailed on the Harmony week of May 15th, while the food wasn't horrible or bad, it was not as great as I remember.  One night hubby had the Ahi tuna and it was overcooked, I had salmon one night and it was perfect, the last night it was overcooked.  One of the worst (and I hate saying that because it seems mean) was the bananas foster desert.  Honestly, I think they used plantains and not bananas because they were very hard and tough.  I agree with @Ampurp85, I think it's staff and supply issues.  I think it will get better

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I sailed on adventure May 31.  The food in the MDR was spot on.  I had the turkey dinner and it was amazing, as well as a healthy size portion. I also had grilled fish one night and enjoyed it. Even the lasagna was good (I never care for anything on that nights menu and it’s my go to) and it was very good.

now if you want to talk horrible food my May 1 Oasis the food was not good.  Calamari was chewy, other appetizers were bad. Main dishes were lacking, turkeydark meat-( no white meat) not good. Salad drowned in dressing. Rolls as hard as a rock.  I’ve been sailing since August, this was the worst food I’ve ever had and the service was as bad. If it were my first cruise I would never go back.