Crown and Anchor Society.

So there is a news about a new loyalty ambassador , and apparently a layoff of a previous one?   I am a Diamond Plus member and after all my cruises , I have yet to find any useful benefit from the desk /representative on board.  Can anybody tell me what specifically  this dept does  all week on board?

1 hour ago, Spang1974 said:

Seriously! I'm wondering if they are even on the correct cruise line?

Ok wise guy, Im referring to the crown and anchor desk aboard ship and the rep that sits behind the desk. The question refers to what exactly they do and can do.  I am fully aware of the benefits of being a Diamond,Diamond plus etc.    

Good question.

I have also never used such a person, and only recently did I discover also there's a Diamond Concierge.

I went to the Diamond Lounge one time, only to get my Diamond lapel pin.  The nice receptionist must have been the Concierge.

If Royal thinks there is a need for such employees, I suspect I'm not the only passenger that's never never met them or even know where their "office" is.

I used the Loyalty Ambassador years ago on our first cruise to sign up. I always thought that one if their main functions was to get new members signed up.

We also signed my son up on his 1st cruise and made sure he was linked to our account.

Other than that, I can't imagine what I'd use them for.

I'm guessing they are also responsible for ensuring that each C and A member onboard gets the proper swag in their stateroom, and dealing any issues which come up.

Then there is the high maintenance C and A members who stop by with various issues.

I'm sure they stay busy.

2 hours ago, Eddy said:

Can anybody tell me what specifically  this dept does  all week on board?

They can handle anything that you would call the C&A phone number for related to your account such as setting your welcome amenity and loyalty gift preferences.  

They coordinate the distribution of the milestone awards (crystal blocks) and can correct anything related to your C&A level such as recognizing points that you earned on a cruise that haven't posted to your account so you can reap the rewards on the current cruise.

Some of the duties overlap with the Diamond concierge but the Loyalty Ambassador is available for all guests without requiring Diamond lounge access.

This new hire is shoreside though and not the same as those on the ships, but I'm assuming she will serve as a liaison for the employees on the ships as well.

The Celebrity loyalty program - the Captain's Club - is set up a little differently than Royals but corporate's intent - having a live person available on board for Captain's Club members to reach out to in the event of a  concern or general question. Of course, Guest Services is always available for that but this is just an extra layer of services available to guests - it is my understanding that on Celebrity, Concierge reps (for Concierge class guests who booked in that category of cabin) and the Captains' Club host are personnel within Guest Services and answer to a supervisor there.

In 20+ years of cruising and at the start up last June, we encountered our first issue with dining room seating that I felt should be brought to the attention of applicable department managers - one that had nothing to do with a Matre' D's duties. Because of it's nature, I requested a meeting with the Guest Services Director and the Captain's Club host. We had a nice sit down, including the Restaurant Manager and the issue was fully resolved. One the next day, the Captain's Club host called me to follow-up with him personally at his desk on deck 4. We had booked a Concierge stateroom and the Concierge host joined us. Both wanted to make sure we were happy with the resolution and wanted to offer compensations in the form of FCCs. Of course, we graciously accepted.

So, yes, these aboard ship Loyalty Program personnel serve a function and a good one mostly in keeping you informed of your benefits and exclusive ship board events for Loyalty Program members. They also seem to be good smoothing things over on multiple levels. Royal and it's brands are highly customer satisfaction oriented. I find this especially true on Celebrity. Having these folks aboard ship is an extension of that corporate philosophy.