Laminated Permitted?

17 minutes ago, Walt Golas said:

I made copies of our VAX cards and laminated them.

Will they be acceptable?

While it's likely the port agents won't be able to tell the difference, the official policy from Royal is they want you to have the original vax cards to board.  I wouldn't chance it and I would bring the originals.  We ordered plastic sleeves that we keep them in so they don't get messed up.

1 hour ago, Walt Golas said:

I made copies of our VAX cards and laminated them.

Will they be acceptable?

Yes.  I laminated my first card with the first two jabs on it.  This was prior to knowing that there was going to be a 3rd jab.  So, now I have 2 jab cards.  The second isn't laminated, yet.  However, there won't be a 4th jab for me or my wife.  So, I guess I'm safe to laminate the second jab card.  

I've flown, I've done the Canadian thing, I've cruised with my laminated jab card and it hasn't been a problem, at all.  

1 hour ago, 10-42 said:

Yes.  I laminated my first card with the first two jabs on it.  This was prior to knowing that there was going to be a 3rd jab.  So, now I have 2 jab cards.  The second isn't laminated, yet.  However, there won't be a 4th jab for me or my wife.  So, I guess I'm safe to laminate the second jab card.  

I've flown, I've done the Canadian thing, I've cruised with my laminated jab card and it hasn't been a problem, at all.  

I think the question was whether a copy, not the original, would be accepted if laminated.  I haven't heard anyone state they laminated a copy and still got through check-in.

I would venture a no to a laminated copy, especially if you can tell. I know people have printed copies from digital records and that was accepted but I have heard of people being turned away with photocopied copies for the actual issued vax card. 

20 hours ago, Linda R said:

I originally laminated my vaccine card.  Then I got a booster and they couldn't write in on the card and had to make out a new one.  Now I carry it in plastic sleeve.  

We did the same thing but when we got our booster…They printed the booster info on the little sticky paper and gave it to us.  We stuck it to our laminated Vax cards in the correct spots and just re-laminated the cards…Can’t tell if it more than one lamination.  Haven’t had any problems getting them accepted for any cruises.   Not getting any more booster so shouldn’t to add any more.