Quest does not do rapid antigen test

Months ago we scheduled tests at Quest for 2 days before our 5/29 cruise. RC had Quest as an option for test. When we arrived the nurse said they do NOT do rapid test and results for PCR take 3+ days. I do not recommend going to Quest! We are getting test at CareNow urgent care. 

10 minutes ago, Betts said:

Months ago we scheduled tests at Quest for 2 days before our 5/29 cruise. RC had Quest as an option for test. When we arrived the nurse said they do NOT do rapid test and results for PCR take 3+ days. I do not recommend going to Quest! We are getting test at CareNow urgent care. 

I know this doesn't help you at all.  And I'm no big fan of RC's landside operations and/or competency.  However, Royal doesn't recommend Quest for its "RAPID TEST" capabilities.  It only recommends Quest for its COVID testing.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Where to Get Your Test

COVID-19 testing is very common nowadays. Most local pharmacy chains offer it, and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test. For example, Quest Diagnostics offers appointments at over 1,500 locations in the U.S. with testing at no cost if you are eligible.

For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 2 to 3 days before your sail date, depending on your age and vaccination status. Learn more about how to calculate which days you can take your test.

Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel.

However, I did look at Quest's website and they do list "rapid tests" as available, but I guess not at all locations.

I put my zip code into Quest's website for a "rapid test" and this is what I got:

image.thumb.png.3340a8ee7bc560d5b62e079e6f3918b7.png

We found the same issue, when speaking directly to a Quest rep.  We decided to purchase the test offered by RC.  It had a problem with my microphone on my phone, but was still able to chat with the test proctor. . AFter doing mine we called in again, did my husbands, and smooth sailing.  Had our test emailed to us in less than 10 min.  

Easily done at home, with no worries if accepted by R/C

7 hours ago, 10-42 said:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Where to Get Your Test

COVID-19 testing is very common nowadays. Most local pharmacy chains offer it, and most county or state websites can help you find a local public testing site. You can also go to a doctor’s office, diagnostic lab, or telehealth provider to get your test. For example, Quest Diagnostics offers appointments at over 1,500 locations in the U.S. with testing at no cost if you are eligible.

For sailings that require a pre-cruise test, you will be asked to take the test no more than 2 to 3 days before your sail date, depending on your age and vaccination status. Learn more about how to calculate which days you can take your test.

Make sure that your selected test provider can provide you a valid results document in time for your travel.  <I think that this is actually the Elephant in the room!

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Focus on the  mention of "local pharmacies" and forget Quest.

Endless reports of good experiences at Walgreens and CVS for starters. My family of 8 used both yesterday and all had positive experiences... but fortunately negative results. 😀

I relied on the in home rapid telehealth proctored ihealth and emed system.  After all that, Royal, at the terminal in Seattle never asked for my COVID test results OR my ArriveCan document(s).  Unfortunately, ihealth no longer offers telehealth proctored tests.  But, I did and do like testing in the privacy of my own home and not have to put up with a waiting room or public waiting/lining up area, or in some cases, waiting in a long line in your car as someone reaches in your window to swab your nose.  It's just too quick and easy at home.  

However, if you prefer the local pharmacy route, Walgreens, CVS, and Urgent Care facilities are great options, if they offer rapid testing, not all locations do.

Your mileage may very!