ArriveCAN for Northeast to Canada

10 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I don’t think anyone said it was only for Alaskan cruises. It is required for any entry to Canada which would include the East coast.

yes, some had made an inquiry on the Alaskan pages....
Of course it makes sense it is needed....It's not like it says ArriveCANWest....

• 2 weeks later...

When we did our crossing from Seattle into Vancouver, the border agent did not ask to see any ArriveCan information.   My mother attempted to show the agent, and was told 'I already have that'.  The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

2 hours ago, Peter D said:

The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

At the land border, the CBSA agent will ask the same questions that are on the ArriveCan app and you will have to present proof of vaccination.

They may send you to secondary inspection to complete that just to not hold up the general line.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2022 at 11:24 AM, Rose City Cruiser said:

At the land border, the CBSA agent will ask the same questions that are on the ArriveCan app and you will have to present proof of vaccination.

They may send you to secondary inspection to complete that just to not hold up the general line.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:03 AM, Peter D said:

When we did our crossing from Seattle into Vancouver, the border agent did not ask to see any ArriveCan information.   My mother attempted to show the agent, and was told 'I already have that'.  The real question around the ArriveCan is if people do not have it, what will the agent do at this point?

According to the government website you can be denied boarding...fined..or jailed in covid camps. A least for us lucky Canadian citizens that's what it states.

I wouldn't take a chance arriving without it....if you forget or cant get it done..be safer to STAY on the boat...till all this nonsense is over.

Oh, and keep in mind that they are able to and do track you using the app. So if you do download it, delete as soon as you leave Canada.

Big Brother is always watching....

Calls grow to ditch ArriveCan app now that COVID-19 travel mandates ending | Calgary Sun

This would be nice.  The system seems pointless at this point seeing Canada is dropping vaccination mandate for domestic and international travel (for Canadians).  Hopefully this comes just in time for the Alaska trips and fall east coast trips.

I agree its a trivial effort, but my issue has more to do with need to give my personal medical information to a foreign government.  I did it, because i wanted to go to Alaska, but I was not happy to do so.  I will be happy when they drop it, and I will not be going back to Canada until they do.