Moving a cruise

I you booked with a nonrefundable deposit you would have to pay $100 a person each time you make a ship or sail date change but if you the box for refundable deposit you would not have to pay for any ship or sail date changes. You will also loose any onboard credit that you got when durning the sale when you booked the cruise. 

There is a small possibility you might not incur a change fee if your NRD sailing was booked before March 31st 2022. I moved a cruise I booked in Nov 2021 for a Jan 2023 cruise, fully expecting a change fee, but didn't have to pay any fees. I am unsure if it was because it was booked during the cruise for confidence promotion or because of the NextCruise situation. But the cruise will be repriced at the prevailing rate so unless it is NextCruise OBC or the current promotion has OBC, you will lose it. 

13 hours ago, Brian Yacono said:

Would I be charged to move it?

You can't move a reservation with Royal Caribbean. It's more like how airline reservations. You cancel and then rebook. No ability to move/swap reservations.

So you'd cancel and then rebook.

As a result of cancelling, you may incur a change fee if you booked non-refundable deposit of $100 per person.

13 hours ago, Brian Yacono said:

Will I also loose my ship credit I received during sale for that cruise?

Yes. You'd book under the current booking promo

13 minutes ago, Brian Yacono said:

Can I use a travel agent to cancel a cruise booked thru RCL and then reschedule thru travel agent to get their offers

Definitely rebook with TA.

If you booked with RC and need to cancel, you'll probably need to cancel it. It's more work for the TA to take ownership of the reservation just to turn around and cancel it (assuming there hasn't been too much time since you initially booked that a TA could transfer it).

I would certainly coordinate your plans with the TA so you can be on the same page.

On 5/27/2022 at 9:30 AM, Matt said:

You can't move a reservation with Royal Caribbean. It's more like how airline reservations. You cancel and then rebook. No ability to move/swap reservations.

As a result of cancelling, you may incur a change fee if you booked non-refundable deposit of $100 per person.

I have moved 2 cruises keeping the same reservation numbers. 

Harmony to Wonder last spring and just this week moved our Alaska radiance that sailed yesterday to Harmony sailing tomorrow. No change fees. Got to keep my double points attached to each booking. 

That @Sharlais a miracle worker! 😁

Not true 🙂 You can move it, but they will charge a change fee if it's a non-refundable deposit. Your cruise planner purchases will automatically drop off and cancel but the cruise itself can be moved. 

If there is air on it it becomes more complicated but that's where a good TA comes in (as @Jill said, we moved her cruise last week with air on it).

1 hour ago, Sharla said:

Not true 🙂 You can move it, but they will charge a change fee if it's a non-refundable deposit. Your cruise planner purchases will automatically drop off and cancel but the cruise itself can be moved. 

If there is air on it it becomes more complicated but that's where a good TA comes in (as @Jill said, we moved her cruise last week with air on it).

I can also chime in on what @Sharla said. I recently had to move a sailing for this coming December from Oasis to Symphony. I paid $100pp change fee and retained the same booking number as the original booking. I did not add flights yet so it was an easy move. 

The one thing I keep wondering though is if I will receive double points still for this moved sailing. The original booking on Oasis was booked way back in February 2021 and because I retained the same booking number, I am really hoping they will still honour the double points. 

• 1 year later...

Hi Guys

I know this is an old thread but I am going through a similar situation and thought your experience might be helpful. So I spoke to RC to request sailing date change on the same ship, they told me about the $100/person fee but also said I had to pay the difference in cost even though it's the same ship with the same itinerary.. did anyone else go through this as well? @Sharla your input here would be appreciated 🙂

38 minutes ago, Someone101 said:

Hi Guys

I know this is an old thread but I am going through a similar situation and thought your experience might be helpful. So I spoke to RC to request sailing date change on the same ship, they told me about the $100/person fee but also said I had to pay the difference in cost even though it's the same ship with the same itinerary.. did anyone else go through this as well? @Sharla your input here would be appreciated 🙂

Different date, different rate.

Sorry for the double post.. saw a similar situation here and thought I might get better input. Anyway, I went through this forum and so far I haven't seen anyone mention paying the difference in rate cost, just the $100 change fees and how sometimes even that is waived. So that confused me when I heard it from RC

36 minutes ago, Someone101 said:

Sorry for the double post.. saw a similar situation here and thought I might get better input. Anyway, I went through this forum and so far I haven't seen anyone mention paying the difference in rate cost, just the $100 change fees and how sometimes even that is waived. So that confused me when I heard it from RC

You absolutely will have to pay any increase in fare from current sailing to the one you are looking to move to.  The change fee is separate and apart.  Maybe you will be fortunate and there won't be much of a difference especially if you are booking far out.  Good luck.

20 hours ago, Someone101 said:

Hi Guys

Yep, any time you rebook it's at prevailing rates. That's how sometimes we can adjust prices, other times we can't. 

It's incredibly rare to have change fees waived. I haven't seen them waived unless it's within 60 days of a nextcruise booking, and that's policy so it's not even a waiving.