Carnival to No Longer Home Port in Charleston Staring in '24

I know the blue bloods downtown pretty much hate having an ugly Carnival ship being 

so close to the historic area, so they've finally gotten their way and Carnival is leaving.

I was thinking......Carnival is a pretty dirty ship, emissions-wise, and that is a big reason 

why they're hated here.   HOWEVER - Royal is a much cleaner running vessel and wouldn't

"soot up" their homes as badly.   

I know it's a pipe dream, but how freaking awesome would it be to have a real cruise line

home porting 15 minutes from my house?    

OHPLEASE OHPLEASE OHPLEASE

21 hours ago, Floski said:

I know it's a pipe dream, but how freaking awesome would it be to have a real cruise line

home porting 15 minutes from my house? 

That would be pretty awesome for ya! Any idea if anything bigger than the Vision class ships port there for the day? I'm wondering just how big of a ship can be docked there.

22 hours ago, SPS said:

That would be pretty awesome for ya! Any idea if anything bigger than the Vision class ships port there for the day? I'm wondering just how big of a ship can be docked there.

I'm pretty sure it's just Vision....

There has been a ton of debate to build a modern terminal, but I'm pretty sure the greedy developers

will get their way and build more stupid condos/apartments down on the river.  It's gotten so ridiculously 

crowded downtown that I very seldom go down there.  You'd think the bluebloods would prefer an 

occasional ship with temporary visitors instead of more cars.

We also would love for Royal Caribbean to home port in Charleston, as we live in Knoxville which is about a 6 hour drive away.

But what about Savannah?  

Savannah has large cargo ships port there. So, I would think that ships larger than the Vision Class could even dock there.

Savannah's airport is not as large as Charleston's which might be a problem, but passengers could be shuttled from Jacksonville and Charleston airports.   

Just dreaming of closer Royal Caribbean ports for us.

2 hours ago, Phillip Diamond Plus said:

We also would love for Royal Caribbean to home port in Charleston, as we live in Knoxville which is about a 6 hour drive away.

But what about Savannah?  

Savannah has large cargo ships port there. So, I would think that ships larger than the Vision Class could even dock there.

Savannah's airport is not as large as Charleston's which might be a problem, but passengers could be shuttled from Jacksonville and Charleston airports.   

Just dreaming of closer Royal Caribbean ports for us.

Savannah would be great.  Lovely town.

Their airport may not be as big, but it has long been much less expensive to fly in/out.

Not sure where they would put the terminal, though.  It's pretty crowded on River St.