Payment for the cruise

uznys

Yesterday i bought a cruise and paid only first price. When and how i should pay the rest of the price for the cruise? 

I booked and paid myself online in "royal caribbean" website. And can't find any option for payment.

What should i do? The cruise in only next year, so still have some time.

Thank you :)

Guest toodle68

In the overview of the booking, there should be an outstanding balance in the mid right corner..  and then tabs across the middle of the screen for 'messages' 'payment' and other items.

You don't have to fully pay until approx 90 days before the cruise.

In the overview of the booking, there should be an outstanding balance in the mid right corner..  and then tabs across the middle of the screen for 'messages' 'payment' and other items.

You don't have to fully pay until approx 90 days before the cruise.

Thanks for the reply. Thats the thing, there is no balance shown or a payment tab. Only 'Itineraries' 'Profile' 'Messages'. Will it appear later?

I book my own cruises.  I like to be able to control them, had issues with a TA and wasn't happy with the outcome. Don't worry, they usually send an email when payment is due.

Im from Europe and my cruise is from US, so the distance and time difference makes it difficult to communicate with foreign travel agencies. And in my country they don't offer 'Royal Caribbean'.

I expected that i will be able to control everything and pay whenever I can. And not wait until they will or will not send me an email with last minute payment details.

I called them so that I could mail my payment in.  Here is the address they told me to send payment in to:

Royal Caribbean Way

1050 Caribbean Way

Attn:  4th Floor/Cash Processing-Acctg

Miami, FL  33132

I did on-line bank check and it showed me the date that they received my payment.  Usually within 4 days or so, they would e-mail me an updated copy of my cruise document.  This worked for me as my son-n-law booked our cruise and the website wouldn't let me may on line.  This worked well for me and was so easy.

I called them so that I could mail my payment in.  Here is the address they told me to send payment in to:

Royal Caribbean Way

1050 Caribbean Way

Attn:  4th Floor/Cash Processing-Acctg

Miami, FL  33132

I did on-line bank check and it showed me the date that they received my payment.  Usually within 4 days or so, they would e-mail me an updated copy of my cruise document.  This worked for me as my son-n-law booked our cruise and the website wouldn't let me may on line.  This worked well for me and was so easy.

Thanks, but since i'm not US resident i can not just sent them a check. I want to pay online with a credit card  :)

I book my own cruises.  I like to be able to control them, had issues with a TA and wasn't happy with the outcome. Don't worry, they usually send an email when payment is due.

I'm with you on that one ..... had a bad experience ...... If I did go back to a TA, it would be MEI .... of course, if Matt plans a group cruise that works with the schedule & budget, that may force the issue.

Guest toodle68

Thanks for the reply. Thats the thing, there is no balance shown or a payment tab. Only 'Itineraries' 'Profile' 'Messages'. Will it appear later?

I don't have any experience of booking from outside the US.. but would just call them and ask..  Or contact them via email, but they take 2 weeks to respond to those requests and never solve the issue.

Try and get your reservation transferred to a Travel Agent, (MEI is really good) then you just work with your agent.

It really simplifies the process and the Agent can take care of lot of things for you, and for free.

I agree 100%. There is no reason not to use a good travel agent, especially when you are new.  Let someone deal with these kind of billing issues!

When I have booked on my own, I fastidiously checked pricing every week or so. Every month, I paid a little using my Southwest cc in My Cruises on the website until there was zero on final payment day. 

Using MEI, I essentially did the same thing, and had my agent make regular payments with my cc on file...

As far as option for payment -- since you are in Europe -- if there is a customer service number to call, I would do that if you can't see your payment options in My Cruises on the website. They may need to turn it on for you so you can see it.