Ciampino to Civitavecchia Check in Time

Hello all! My family and I are going on Odyssey of the Seas in July. Being our first cruise, as you can imagine we are a bit stressed about the whole thing. 

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with landing at Ciampino and travelling from there to Civitavecchia. My main question is how long after landing should I book check in? I'm not sure how long it should take to leave the airport but know the drive by taxi can take anywhere from 1 to 1.5 hours.

Thanks in advance! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 3:32 PM, KristiZ said:

Welcome to the boards!

Are you flying in the same day your cruise departs? If so, when does your flight arrive? Are you on a domestic flight or international? Are you checking bags?

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I assumed I'd get notifications and then totally forgot I posted here. 

We were gonna arrive at 11:55pm from the UK with some checked luggage, but have actually decided to pay the extra cash and change flights to the day before to avoid stress. Appreciate you responding though 🙂

22 hours ago, Ophir said:

Hi! Sorry it took me so long to reply, I assumed I'd get notifications and then totally forgot I posted here. 

We were gonna arrive at 11:55pm from the UK with some checked luggage, but have actually decided to pay the extra cash and change flights to the day before to avoid stress. Appreciate you responding though 🙂

Good decision to fly in the day before. Flying these days is just too crazy to risk missing your cruise.

Spend the extra time in Rome.