Oasis of the Seas - What is Free???

Abryant

So my question is, what is actually free in regards to food or anything liquid you consume?

Is the tap water on the ship revolting?

Should I even purchase the Evian bottled water?

What food is actually free? (I'm aware there are specialty dining that are at additional cost)

Is the captains dinner, fancy dining room free?

I am purchasing the soda package, will i be charged for orange juice or black coffee in the morning during room service or on the main cafe? 

Sorry to bombard with so many questions, i've only ever cruised on a Carnival ship 9 years ago... And it feels like Royal Caribbean wants to bleed me dry of my money when they already charge a hefty amount for the cruise itself.  :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

The water is very good. I've never had a problem with it. The main dining room is included as it's the pizza, goodies at the coffee bar, etc. Juice is included in the morning and coffee, tea, milk, and lemonade are also available without a charge. Room service is also included, although there is a delivery a fee from midnight to 5 am.

Guest toodle68

I wouldn't drink the water out of the bathroom sink, but the water from the dispensers over the ship is fine. That is mostly what we drink and the flavored water.

We have never purchased the bottle water on any cruise.

The water is very good. I've never had a problem with it. The main dining room is included as it's the pizza, goodies at the coffee bar, etc. Juice is included in the morning and coffee, tea, milk, and lemonade are also available without a charge. Room service is also included, although there is a delivery a fee from midnight to 5 am.

Thank you! This is quite helpful information. I wouldn't be drinking coffee, tea, or orange juice much other than the morning and really didn't want to pay $18/day for a 7 day cruise for such a small amount of consumption. To throw out a scenario let's say my husband and I don't want to leave the stateroom for breakfast one morning, in theory we should be able to order room service for breakfast with coffee, tea, or juice and that wouldn't be at an additional charge? We're really trying to budget out what we will be spending on this vacation. Thank you!

So my question is, what is actually free in regards to food or anything liquid you consume?

Is the tap water on the ship revolting?

Should I even purchase the Evian bottled water?

What food is actually free? (I'm aware there are specialty dining that are at additional cost)

Is the captains dinner, fancy dining room free?

I am purchasing the soda package, will i be charged for orange juice or black coffee in the morning during room service or on the main cafe? 

Sorry to bombard with so many questions, i've only ever cruised on a Carnival ship 9 years ago... And it feels like Royal Caribbean wants to bleed me dry of my money when they already charge a hefty amount for the cruise itself.  :unsure:

Thanks in advance!

Don't be!

Every one of us have been where you are (and with only 2 under my belt, I'll be asking more when I cruise again!).

Don't let the $$$ stress you out.  There is a LOT to do that doesn't cost anything/much.

As Doc mentioned, room service is completely free (although it is customary to give the person who brings it, a tip - $5 ??) unless you order between midnight and 5AM (I think...), in which case there is a nominal charge for room service (I think it's $3.95 or something like that).  There is a universal caution added here - never eat (or order) the eggs.  They are noxious.

The tap water is fine.  I have never had any issues with it in any way.  The room attendant will bring you ice (you may have to ask for it) so you will automatically have cold water if you let the ice melt !

Officially, you cannot bring bottled water or soft drinks onto the ship when you embark but unofficially, it is openly allowed.  Many people bring their own water and sodas onboard.  I have never done it but many do.  If you do decide to bring your own beverages aboard, carry them openly (don't pack them in your luggage), attach a luggage tag to them and send them with your luggage when you surrender your luggage to the porters.  If you want to try and bring your own on, make sure it is obvious that everything is factory sealed.  They are more worried about you smuggling liquor on than bringing on a 12 pack of Cokes so leave everything in the original packaging and you should have no problem.

One word of clarification.  This (BYOB) is ONLY applicable at your EMBARKATION port.  You will NEVER be allowed to bring anything on board with you from any of the ports of call.  If you purchase liquor, wine, etc. at any of the ports of call, those bottles will be taken from you at security and returned back to you when you disembark the ship at the end.  So don't try and go to Mexico and bring bottled water or cokes back on the ship.  You will have to toss them.  Any liquor you buy will be held until the end of the cruise and then returned to you.

I have brought a 12 pack of soda onboard my last 5 cruises without problem, but I would recommend carrying them on. If you like wine, you can bring on to bottles when you board and won't be charged a fee to consume them in the main dining room.

Regarding tipping room service, I usually only to a couple of dollars. If you're ordering everything on the menu, then a bigger tip would be reasonable.