Dining Plan Reservations In App…while on board?

MZ1

I’ve read in a couple places that you can book your dining reservations for UDP or 3 night while on Symphony in the app once on board on ships Wi-Fi.  Similar to show reservations.  Is that true?  Thanks!   

5 hours ago, MZ1 said:

I’ve read in a couple places that you can book your dining reservations for UDP or 3 night while on Symphony in the app once on board on ships Wi-Fi.  Similar to show reservations.  Is that true?  Thanks!   

Yes, as soon as you connect to the ships Wi-Fi or head straight to a speciality restaurant and they can do all of them very fast. 

30 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes, as soon as you connect to the ships Wi-Fi or head straight to a speciality restaurant and they can do all of them very fast. 

Thanks. Understood, however I’m asking if you can schedule on the app vs doing in person.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, KJRanch said:

My wife and I will be on SoS in June, with UDP.  Are we able to make reservations for the week for dinner at playmakers?  Our plan is/was to eat lunch there on embarkation while doing our show reservations before hitting the flow rider. 

I haven't seen Playmakers set up to do the reservations. I would head to Central Park first and hit up one of those restaurants to grab your dinner reservations before eating at Playmakers. Or conquer and divide, only one person has to make the reservations. They can order their food and then duck out to go make the reservations.

2 hours ago, Mark_A said:

Ive never had to make reservations for Playmakers.  I don't think they take them...

We haven’t made reservations for Playmakers since we have only stopped for snacks/apps there (and it has turned into dinner once) but have made reservations for Sabor.  My guess is they would be similar.  They probably are not necessary but could be helpful at certain times.  

For the OP question, DW seems to have the trick to getting reservations in the app.  It is not exactly the same as show reservations but similar.  I haven’t been as successful in the app and usually end up going to a live person. LOL