Picked up covid on Allure. Anyone else?

Just back from a wonderful eight day cruise on Allure of the Seas. Got home Sunday night and tested Monday morning and was negative. Woke up feeling sick this morning and I tested positive. Symptoms are not mild sniffle symptoms, but they are nowhere near the original Covid I had pre-vaccination days. Really not worried at all, just curious if anyone else on the ship picked it up? I was right in there with all of the jampacked activities and knew the risk when I did so. Would go back and do it all over again. Fortunately I have stayed home and have not exposed anyone.  Now for five days of isolation and reading everybody’s blogs. 😊

We both picked it up on Grandeur last week. Drove home Wednesday feeling fine and was sick Thursday testing positive. Spouse tested positive later. We had never had covid all this time but are vaxxed and boosted. Symptoms are cough, runny nose, slight headache, and tiredness. Many others on our ship have the virus also. Learned the hard way that we still need to wear a mask in crowded settings.

6 hours ago, PDub said:

Yes same thing here from the same ship and cruise. Nothing too serious here as well, and glad to hear you’re doing okay. My iphone notified me of an exposure — said it was last Friday or Saturday — which prompted me to take a test. Perfect cruise otherwise, wasn’t it? 🙂

It was a great cruise!

Got off the Oasis on May 8 after a seven day cruise. Had a slight sore throat after getting home that afternoon which lasted into the next day. Tested positive. Fortunately just minor cold symptoms for three days. Had the booster back in December. This was my 18th cruise since September…many were b2bs…luckily this was just a quickie cruise otherwise I would have been aboard testing positive on day 2.

I was booked on the Adventure on May 12. The first thing I did was go into my Cruise Planner and canceled my purchases…dining package and beach bed. Then I called to cancel the cruise. Because of CWC, I didn’t need to send a copy of my test as I canceled before the 48hrs. My Cruise Planner purchases were refunded to my credit card in three days. My total cruise fare was refunded in two weeks…two days after the cruise ended. That was pleasantly surprising as I thought it would take much longer.

Oh, well…I believe getting Covid was inevitable. Fortunately it didn’t happen while I was aboard, especially during Delta and the beginning of Omicron. At least now I’ll have strong antibodies for months. I’ll probably get a second booster before the winter months…depending on how the infection rates look at that time.

• 2 weeks later...

Covid is all over the ships. Our Harmony last week has a bunch of Covid positive along with cases of Flu A. Our Radiance Alaska which we cancelled and moved to Harmony also had a lot of Covid and people stuck in Canada. Just about every ship sailing across all the lines are in the CDC Orange category. 

Masks didn’t seem to help either as several wore them inside the ship at all times and still got it

11 minutes ago, Jill said:

Covid is all over the ships. Our Harmony last week has a bunch of Covid positive along with cases of Flu A. Our Radiance Alaska which we cancelled and moved to Harmony also had a lot of Covid and people stuck in Canada. Just about every ship sailing across all the lines are in the CDC Orange category. 

Masks didn’t seem to help either as several wore them inside the ship at all times and still got it

I am sure the masks helped, but maybe not enough to prevent catching a variant-- maybe at least transmission was minimized.  My son and his wife returned from Denmark (Voyager) covid-free, but his observation was that the ship was far from full.  One never knows what sort of "sample" each ship contains -- conscientious and careful guests or devil-may-care guests.   We are hopeful our cruise next week will go off without a hitch and find us healthy at the end.  Best of luck to other travelers....

5 hours ago, Jill said:

Someone posted in one of my FB groups they got Covid  onboard  and they wore their mask “all the time”.  I asked where they are : “main dining room and windjammer “.  I don’t think they know why I asked that question. It was to prove “you don’t wear it everywhere “. I did not ask what type of mask they wore though, which is a whole other issue, never mind asking if it was worn properly and if they used hand sanitizer.

We did not get sick after cruising on Serenade in Alaska in May. We had had Omicron in Jan (my assumption of variant), and did not wear masks anywhere unless instructed to do so. Happy that we were able to test negative in our hotel in Vancouver and flying back to the states. Our son tested positive for Covid three days later, but I’m sure he got it at school.

We spent 7 nights on Anthem in April, and none of the four of us got Covid.  We spent a lot of time in the solarium, 270, saw all the shows in the Music Hall and main theater, played bingo, trivia, ate in all three specialty restaurants, main dining room, windjammer, sorrentos, doghouse, cafe promenade. We were all over that ship!  TJust don’t want anyone thinking if you cruise it’s 100% that you’ll get it!

Scheduled on Ovation June 17th. Son tested positive three weeks ago, tested negative after 5 days, very minor symptoms.  Now my wife just told me that the friend she had lunch with yesterday has tested positive. The nail biting wait begins.

On that same sailing, Allure 5/28/22 by the last day at sea while waiting for Mama Mia was the first time I was really concerned. The hacking and sneezing was a chorus of it's own, this after our excursion trip from he!! I was sure we were possibly in trouble. That ship was ridiculously packed.

When I received the email afterwards and they had the audacity to ask the question " did you feel we did enough concerning your health and well being?" My answer was NO. My estimation of all the "protocols" in place at this time are for liability protection for Royal, not me or my health. 

I promise I'm not taking this thread anywhere else, just that we pivoted a bit and enjoyed our sailing removed from most of the crowd gathering events. We knew we had to test today for our Mariner on Monday. Our antigens are negative, yay! 

We were careful and had a beautiful sailing, but today was a sense of relief. 

Allure bucket list sailing on the books! 

Resized_20220602_183309.jpg