check in- need help?

Hi All,

My check in date is listed as May 25, departing from Rome on July 10. I have watched this board and research closely and was prepared to check in on May 24 at 4pm EST (we live in Boston) to secure the earliest boarding time possible. That was a hours ago at this point and my app has remained at the "check in unavailable" screen; my computer has as well. I also tried right at midnight to see if it made a difference and no change.  It's now near 4am EST on May 25- I noticed that it is also 46 days (not 45) from embarkation- do you think our check in date is posted incorrectly in the app? Should I just keep trying?

Lastly, we bought the key- do I even need to do any of this to secure an early boarding time? Thanks for everyones help. First time on RC for us.

1 hour ago, MG728 said:

Hi All,

My check in date is listed as May 25, departing from Rome on July 10. I have watched this board and research closely and was prepared to check in on May 24 at 4pm EST (we live in Boston) to secure the earliest boarding time possible. That was a hours ago at this point and my app has remained at the "check in unavailable" screen; my computer has as well. I also tried right at midnight to see if it made a difference and no change.  It's now near 4am EST on May 25- I noticed that it is also 46 days (not 45) from embarkation- do you think our check in date is posted incorrectly in the app? Should I just keep trying?

Lastly, we bought the key- do I even need to do any of this to secure an early boarding time? Thanks for everyones help. First time on RC for us.

Welcome!  It could be a glitch, there's been a lot of posts regarding that.  RC's website is known to have issues from time to time.  I'd keep checking back on it, definitely understand the frustration!  

Nothing special to do with the Key, all that information should be in your account.  We had it on the cruise we just came back from.  I think with the Key you also can get an earlier check in, ours was at 11am.  Good luck!

Thank you all. Yea I pretty much had tried all the above methods to no avail as well. (Signing out/signing in etc) I’ll just keep try every few hours. I really appreciate everyone’s help. We are taking our younger kids on this trip so I like to try to have pretty solid plans and get stuff done in the morning. Fingers crossed it opens up soon!

I had the same issue for my check in for Rome.  I was all prepared thinking the day on the app was Rome time, but I think the app is changing the check in date to your time zone. It actually opened and allowed me to check in at midnight Rome time the following day. 

8 hours ago, MG728 said:

Hi All,

I found that the check in date was for the Rome day/time. You should plan on May 25 at midnight Rome time. Hope that works for you

So sorry, I miss spoke early. My check in day was May 11, however, it didn't pop up for me until the afternoon of that day. That was when it turned midnight on the 12th in Rome. My check in day was correct, but the time was adjusted to be the following day in Rome. 

Ahh I see. I appreciate your help in any way- didn’t mean to not come across that way before. (I just thought I wasn’t being clear). Time zones make everything confusing!! Thank you. It seems like later today it will open up!

50 minutes ago, MG728 said:

Ahh I see. I appreciate your help in any way- didn’t mean to not come across that way before. (I just thought I wasn’t being clear). Time zones make everything confusing!! Thank you. It seems like later today it will open up!

No worries! Once I read your reply I realized, I wasn't as clear as I could have been 🙂 Also, I was in the same boat you were and excitedly trying to check in my family of 5 a day before and panicky that it wasn't working.