Chops Embarkation Lunch Key and Reservation

Vandy

We are sailing with friends that purchased the Key. Will we be able to dine with them on Embarkation day with our lunch reservation at Chops? I know their email says they are supposed to be served in the Chops menu in the MDR and ours is for the restaurant but it sounds like it is the same menu and offering. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

We are sailing with friends that purchased the Key. Will we be able to dine with them on Embarkation day with our lunch reservation at Chops? I know their email says they are supposed to be served in the Chops menu in the MDR and ours is for the restaurant but it sounds like it is the same menu and offering. Thanks!

The key lunch is a very limited chops menu.  2 cents... To me it felt more like chops chefs in training were doing the key lunch in the MDR.

17 minutes ago, San Diego Garrett said:

I was highly disappointed with the Chops lunch menu in the MDR with The Key. I think it was a choice of 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. The filet seemed tiny. Not at all the same as lunch in the Chop's restaurant.

From what i have seen post Covid sailings i would have to agree with your assessment.  Definitely not a true Chops Lunch.

We just got back from our cruise on Sunday.  Also had the Key and got the Chops lunch.  As @San Diego Garrettstated, it was very limited with what was offered.  I didn't think it was bad but wasn't anything to rave about.  Hamburg, filet and another item were the choices.  I think the best thing was just being able to go in there and sit for awhile minus a huge crowd.

15 hours ago, Vandy said:

The answer will be no.

You have two different types of reservations. Only people with the Key can dine in the MDR during the Key lunch times. Thier's is an added perk, so offerings will be limited and yours is an actual reservation for lunch at the restaurant. 

• 2 weeks later...