Present MDR

Marlena

Can't speak for every ship, but I was on Explorer of the Seas last week and had traditional dining, first seating. The wait staff was defiantly shorthanded, but handled it like the professionals they were and I noted it in the post cruise survey. Due to the short staff issue we were in the MDR longer than in previous cruises. Now as we were leaving each evening the lines for MTD were backed up to the elevators.

On Allure over Easter, things were great. We had excellent service from Ernesto. The ship was at 3/4 capacity and that might have been a factor. Every night we ate in the MDR, no specialty dinning.  We were a 6 top and out in a comfortable hour each night. Going on Ovation this summer and hoping for the same level of service!! 

We here on the Harmony for our cruise starting May 15th.  There were definitely long lines for both reservations and non-reservations.  The reservation line did move pretty quick and we actually were able to get our time moved up a little (15 minutes).  I agree with others that they're still dealing with staff shortages but for the most part I think our service was pretty good.  A little bit of a wait at times for drinks and refills but totally expected.