eMed Tests Kits

It appears that for pre-cruise testing, Royal Caribbean is recommending eMed Tests Kits are the best option.

I'm cruising from Venice in August and will be traveling within Italy for the few days before our cruising.

I'd like to hear peoples' experience with these eMed tests? Easy? Could this be just done on the day of cruising while we are waiting to board?

4 hours ago, Johnny Johns said:

It appears that for pre-cruise testing, Royal Caribbean is recommending eMed Tests Kits are the best option.

I'm cruising from Venice in August and will be traveling within Italy for the few days before our cruising.

I'd like to hear peoples' experience with these eMed tests? Easy? Could this be just done on the day of cruising while we are waiting to board?

My son just used them here in the US the day of his flight to Europe, no problems.  He will need to test again from the ship in Europe when he disembarks next week, but he purchased VOOM to facilitate the transaction.   We will be testing ourselves in Barcelona later this fall as we intend to arrive early, like you.  The fall back plan would be local test sites.  You can Google now if you want to identify alternate test sites. 

PS.  I would do it before you go to the port, perhaps the day before?!

They are easy to use and can be done in a hotel room.  Takes about 15 minutes. Results are emailed and loaded into the app within a few minutes.

I have used them. All you need is an internet connection, so you could do them in the hotel before you check out. The test is easy to do, and results are in your email very quickly. I typically buy them from the Emed store, and not from RC, they are more cost effective right from emed.

Easy peasy - As long as they are bought in the US, you can use them worldwide. As has been said, all you need is an internet connection and something to prop your phone/tablet up against as the proctor needs to see you taking the test - but around 25 minutes total from start to results on your phone/email. I won't do testing any other way. The convenience is well worth the price.