Crown and Anchor Gold

olejt

Hi

I have got some answers regarding Crown and Anchor on previous posts on this forum, but still have some more questions:

I am a Gold member, and have booked a cruise for my family (6 persons). Since we have two cabins, I have got two confirmations on our booking. But only on the one that have my name on it, there is a reference to my Crown and Anchor membership. Will all six people have the benefit of my Gold membership ?

Also, can all of us use the priority boarding ?

On the booking there is this message : Reservation ID "My ID" (Group ID Not Applicable).... can this cause problems , if using my Gold membership benefits on all members of my family ?

Hi

I have got some answers regarding Crown and Anchor on previous posts on this forum, but still have some more questions:

I am a Gold member, and have booked a cruise for my family (6 persons). Since we have two cabins, I have got two confirmations on our booking. But only on the one that have my name on it, there is a reference to my Crown and Anchor membership. Will all six people have the benefit of my Gold membership ?

Also, can all of us use the priority boarding ?

On the booking there is this message : Reservation ID "My ID" (Group ID Not Applicable).... can this cause problems , if using my Gold membership benefits on all members of my family ?

Suppose and children receive the same benefits as you, but I believe they have to be booked in the same cabin as you. Hopefully, others will chime in to confirm this. As for the group booking number, you shouldn't have one unless you're booked as part of a larger group through a travel agent.

No, only me. First time for the rest of the family.

Makes sense then why you're seeing what you're seeing.  As Doc said, whoever is highest ranking C&A member in household (you) should have benefits shared with others. You can call C&A and ensure that happens or stop by the Loyalty Ambassador desk onboard.

I'll add that it's not a bad idea to register your other family members with C&A (even the kids) so they can all start accumulating their points and build up their levels. I was advised to do that by my TA, so that when the kids turn 18 and can actually get their own card they'll already be at a level that reflects however many cruises they'll have been on by that point. I hadn't realized until then that minors can be registered with C&A.

For fun and amazement -- I was flabbergasted when I heard DocLC give a rundown of his most recent cruise on the Cruise Dudes podcast and found out that his son, who isn't even 18 yet, has already been on something like 26 cruises and will "start off" at Diamond Plus by the time he gets his card at age 18.

For fun and amazement -- I was flabbergasted when I heard DocLC give a rundown of his most recent cruise on the Cruise Dudes podcast and found out that his son, who isn't even 18 yet, has already been on something like 26 cruises and will "start off" at Diamond Plus by the time he gets his card at age 18.

I've been on 26, whereas my 9 year old has been on 16, with his 17th, 18th, 19th already booked through summer 2018. But it does show how family-friendly cruising is as I've cruised significantly more post-kid and over a shorter period of time than pre-kid.

• 1 year later...
43 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I know this is an old topic, but it came up in a search and I was curious.  Both my kids got their cards after their first RCCL cruise in 2003, they were 4 & 6 at the time.  They don't send out cards to kids anymore?

I dont even have a c & a card...im sure my kids didnt get one (unless i missed all of them).  We just have our online numbers.  Jane

Just now, mom2mybugs said:

I dont even have a c & a card...im sure my kids didnt get one (unless i missed all of them).  We just have our online numbers.  Jane

Wow; I thought cards were still sent out!  I have them from Royal, Carnival, & Disney.  I don't think NCL ever sent us cards...will have to look! 

Just now, KathyC said:

Wow; I thought cards were still sent out!  I have them from Royal, Carnival, & Disney.  I don't think NCL ever sent us cards...will have to look! 

I absolutely could have missed them in the process of being a newbie cruiser....i dont have any.  Im sure others in the know can comment!  Jane

I had to go look, here are our cards!  One picture is NCL on the top (I thought we had Carnival but apparently they are NCL.)  Our kids have never been on NCL. On the bottom is Disney.  Not sure why my husband's card & mine are different.  Our kids did not receive cards.

The RCCL cards are for all four of us.  We must've received our cards from an earlier sailing, as they are yellowed, compared to the boy's cards.  You can kindof see that in the picture. 

ncl dis cards.jpg

rccl.jpg

18 minutes ago, KathyC said:

I had to go look, here are our cards!  One picture is NCL on the top (I thought we had Carnival but apparently they are NCL.)  Our kids have never been on NCL. On the bottom is Disney.  Not sure why my husband's card & mine are different.

The RCCL cards are for all four of us.  We must've received our cards from an earlier sailing, as they are yellowed, compared to the boy's cards.  You can kindof see that in the picture. 

ncl dis cards.jpg

rccl.jpg

When we signed up in 2014 I heard or read somewhere about a welcome packet/card that we'd get in the mail or something...never came.  Asked about it on here in late 2016, no one knew about a card or anything.  Thanks for the pic, and proof I wasn't hearing things! lol.

On 2/6/2017 at 8:02 AM, DocLC said:

Suppose and children receive the same benefits as you, but I believe they have to be booked in the same cabin as you. Hopefully, others will chime in to confirm this. As for the group booking number, you shouldn't have one unless you're booked as part of a larger group through a travel agent.

My kids did not receive Gold benefits while booked in a separate cabin from me a few years ago.

22 minutes ago, DunkelBierJay said:

My kids did not receive Gold benefits while booked in a separate cabin from me a few years ago.

According to the rules, the status of the children is based on their relationship with you, not the cabin they're booked in. Thus, theoretically, if they sailed with grandparents without you who had no status they should still have yours. 

This is easily corrected by either calling C&A or going to the Loyalty Ambassador onboard. This happened on my last cruise and they were able to resolve the issue within a few minutes and printed new cards. 

So with my kids who are sailing with me in a month, they'll still officially be gold status after this first trip (8 nights) for us all, right? My older daughter turns 18 in September, so she'll be "cut loose" well before her sister (only 14 now) and before either of them get to go on another cruise with my wife and me next year.

54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I didn't know C&A cards were a thing, let alone not being sent anymore

I haven't sailed on Royal Caribbean in over 10 years, and was surprised to locate mine when I booked my December cruise on Adventure last summer LOL. Why did they stop issuing the cards?

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I've been sailing with RCCL since 2005 and I have never even heard of C&A cards much less ever seen one.  Learn something new every day !

@KathyC's cards were from 2003, sounds like RC stopped shortly after since you started in 2005.  I was really looking forward to being a card carrying member of something again (I was in the official Star Wars club for a couple years ?).

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 7:13 PM, DocLC said:

I've been on 26, whereas my 9 year old has been on 16, with his 17th, 18th, 19th already booked through summer 2018. But it does show how family-friendly cruising is as I've cruised significantly more post-kid and over a shorter period of time than pre-kid.

Right behind you Doc. 23 cruises for us (wife and I), 22 with kid on board.

21 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

@KathyC's cards were from 2003, sounds like RC stopped shortly after since you started in 2005.  I was really looking forward to being a card carrying member of something again (I was in the official Star Wars club for a couple years ?).

I have to ask...way off topic...but what is the official "Star Wars club"?

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

I have to ask...way off topic...but what is the official "Star Wars club"?

lol.  There is (or was, I haven't actually checked in a while) a magazine, Star Wars Insider, and IIRC if you subscribed to it then you were automatically signed up for the Official Star Wars Club.  I just saw you mention Star Wars in another post about your husband, so it might be something for you to look into for him.  I loved it, and people thought I was uber nerdy when I showed them my member card, can't blame them if the shoe fits.

4 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

lol.  There is (or was, I haven't actually checked in a while) a magazine, Star Wars Insider, and IIRC if you subscribed to it then you were automatically signed up for the Official Star Wars Club.  I just saw you mention Star Wars in another post about your husband, so it might be something for you to look into for him.  I loved it, and people thought I was uber nerdy when I showed them my member card, can't blame them if the shoe fits.

I will most definitely mention this.  He is beyond what you would call a Star Wars fan.  I'm almost afraid to tell him.

59 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Hmmm...good point. Maybe because I'm Canadian? That's the only thing I can think of, especially if your boys got theirs the year after ours.

Maybe I have the date wrong when we got ours...not sure.  But ours are definitely older, as they are yellowed.  LOL