time conflicts of dining & entertainment

Hey guys,

I have MTD & I went ahead & had reserved 6:45 dining for every night. I just got the schedule for shows & they seem to start at 8:15

My question is how long does the cruise planner block off for dinner in the main dining room? When I board, will I be able to make a reservation to an 8:15 show or will it block me from doing so because of the 6:45 dinner time?

Thanks in advance for any help on understanding this.

Not sure about reservations but from what I've read about MTD waits (i.e. just b/c you have a 6:45 reservation doesn't mean you'll be seated right at 6:45) and based on past experience in the MDR, you may be in a rush to get out of the MDR in time to even make it to an 8:15 show.

2 hours ago, luiiismdo said:

thank you all for the replies! i was just worried that when i got on board, i wouldnt be able to reserve early showtimes because the times were blocked off by the MTD reservations

You might run into a problem with a 6:45 PM MTD and making an 8:15 PM show time if you actually have to reserve seats. We had early 5:00 PM dinners and always finished by 6:15 PM and was able to make the early 6:45 PM shows that did not require reservations.

The problem we ran into was that the app would not let us reserve spots for a 6:45 PM show because the app allotted 2 hours for our dinner reservations. The only option for us was to reserve the 9:00 pm show and we could have tried to see if there were space available seating for the 6:45 PM show. We actually decided to skip the show and cancelled our 9:00 PM reservation.

3 hours ago, luiiismdo said:

this was exactly my concern. thank you for clarifying it for me!

As TravisMA81 said make alternate dining plans for those nights if you have existing scheduled dinner reservations for those nights.

Just remember to also cancel those dinner reservations before trying to schedule show reservations.