Shareholder on-board credit

Hello,

I submitted my shareholder on-board credit from request this past Sunday and received my email on Monday indicating it was approved.  I just logged in on RC and got this notification.  This seems to indicated I have to spend this on pre-cruise purchases.  Can I not use it during the cruise for other on-board items?  Here is a snapshot of the notification.  This seems fairly limiting if I have to use it on pre-cruise purchases since I have already made all my planner purchases.

OBC.jpg

I don't see anything in that screenshot that suggests it has to be used pre-cruise.  It says you will be able to see it pre-cruise.  It says you may redeem it pre-cruise.  "May" is the important word here and it means you have a choice.

It does say not all types of OBC can be used pre-cruise.  (For example, OBC from travel agents typically shows up on Day 2 of the cruise.)  But that doesn't apply to the Shareholder Credit.