room assignment

Finished check in this morning and now have a deck assigned when I check my sea pass but no room number.  I think I read somewhere that you can scan the bar code to see the room number.  Can anyone tell me how that works so I can see, I initially chose GTY balcony and then they wouldnt let me change it to pick a room

Here is a link to where I first saw the "Bar Code Trick" mentioned to find your GTY room assignment. The last six digits are supposedly the deck & room number.

I'm anxiously waiting for our own bar code to become available to to use this trick for our August Alaska cruise.

30 minutes ago, SPS said:

I'm anxiously waiting for our own bar code to become available to to use this trick for our August Alaska cruise.

It's like waiting for a raffle to be drawn or lottery numbers to pop up, lol. I have check-in for 2 GTY's B2B coming up next week for a July cruise. Double the fun!

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

It's like waiting for a raffle to be drawn or lottery numbers to pop up, lol. I have check-in for 2 GTY's B2B coming up next week for a July cruise. Double the fun!

So what you're saying is that you bought TWO lottery tickets! 😄

Our room was revealed today by Royal and the QR code reader totally nailed it (well almost).  Room number was accurate (the final 4 digits) but I'll go out on a limb and guess the deck might be a little off, unless Royal suddenly has ships going to deck 80.  😋 

5 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Our room was revealed today by Royal and the QR code reader totally nailed it (well almost).  Room number was accurate (the final 4 digits) but I'll go out on a limb and guess the deck might be a little off, unless Royal suddenly has ships going to deck 80.  😋 

Helluva view from up there! Enjoy!