Gatorland & Stompin Gator Off-Road Buggy

Ja-sun

On 5/26/2022 at 7:55 AM, Ja-sun said:

It says 5 hours.

I would say it is an hour out, hour back, and hour for swamp buggy tour.  Which leaves you two hours for park.  That probably gets you 1 show and walking around to see all the animals.  That wouldn't be too bad.  it isn't a large park.  I don't think two hours would be enough for all the shows.  There is wrestling alligators, alligators jumping for chickens, and then an animal show where they bring out various animals and have volunteers and stuff.

The only thing I remember about Gatorland is that it felt like the hottest place on the planet the day I was there.  I wasn't sure I would make it through the day !!!  The only time I've been more uncomfortably hot was on a trip to Hong Kong.  That most definitely IS the hottest place on the planet.

😓

11 hours ago, IzzyB said:

I would say it is an hour out, hour back, and hour for swamp buggy tour.  Which leaves you two hours for park.  That probably gets you 1 show and walking around to see all the animals.  That wouldn't be too bad.  it isn't a large park.  I don't think two hours would be enough for all the shows.  There is wrestling alligators, alligators jumping for chickens, and then an animal show where they bring out various animals and have volunteers and stuff.

Looking at their website, the buggy tour is only 15 minutes in length. https://www.gatorland.com/experiences/new-stompin-gator-off-road-adventure/

So, maybe there's 2:30 for exploring Gatorland on your own? 30 minutes extra isn't much, but could make a difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We just got back from our cruise about a week and a half ago. Did Gatorland admission only. We loved it. We were late getting there due to an accident but the park was awesome. We missed most of the shows due to getting there late but the one we caught was good. There was enough to do/look at we could have spent the entire time in just the park and not felt like we missed out by skipping the buggy tour....

This is a comment I made on a different post about it:

First - If you do any of the Orlando area excursions, with it being about a 45 minute bus ride each way, book through Royal directly. We were stuck in traffic for 2 hours behind an overturned oil rig. That shouldn't be a common occurrence and our tour guide told us that it wasn't - but to be safe I would absolutely book through them. There is only one real path to Orlando so if theres an accident or traffic theres no way to avoid it. They worked with us and made sure we got back to the boat in time but also did a great job communicating with the boat the entire day and making sure we were set. Financially we ended up getting 50% of our excursion back after speaking with guest services so it wasn't a bad deal. 

We did Gatorland and man was it awesome. That being said our experience was extremely short due to that accident, but it was still amazing. We both said we wish we had the full time there and were able to see all the shows. They have little bags of gator food you can get - I don't remember for certain but I think it was $6 for 2 bags. Based on where it was being sold at we thought it was just for this large gator boardwalk right by it but they told us you could actually feed literally any gator in the park with just 2 exceptions she pointed out to us. Knowing what we now know we would have bought more food because it was our favorite part of our time there. So cool to toss food in and see them try to be the first to get it.