no boarding time when checking in?

This morning I can check in, I thought I could just go in and get a boarding time and then come back later?  I am on the app and hit check-in and go the the second step for boarding times, it say not ready yet check back later.  Do you have to complete step 1 first, which means have to have passport and other info for the other parties in our group just to try and get boarding times close together?  Or does boarding times not available until later? Ideally I would like to just get boarding times for the 3 groups that are going and they complete the rest, we are all linked.

I'm pretty sure you don't have to complete the other steps first to get your boarding time. 

I've seen this issue pop up a few times. I think a few others have posted about similar problems recently as well. Probably just check back in a few hours and you should be able to select your time. 

This has been occurring regularly over the past couple of months. It appears to be randomly affecting some ships/sailings but not others. In our case, the times opened up 2 days after check-in went live. Just keep checking back.

try doing it on the website.  The app can be glitchy at times or perhaps they've not "released it there".  I've been able to do it on the webiste when I can't access it onthe app.
You will have to enter info on the website in order to move forward (I can't explain here) . You can make it up if you do not have the items handy and then edit it in the app  later.  I do recall clicking on Naturalization papers for my family members in order to move foward (otherwise I needed their passport info)....and I'm unsure if that was the app check in or the website.  Anyhow, it can be edited later and I was able to grab my check in times.

A 2nd thanks for the info. Hope the glitch gets taken care of. I have a check-in for a July cruise opening next week when I should be onboard Harmony. Was obviously planning to check-in via the app and worry about the rest later. That said, we'll obviously have all our documents with us, so there's that.

I think you are making the same mistake I made.  When trying to check in,  do not use the 'check in' icon at the bottom of the app.  Instead,  go to your profile (click on the person icon at the top right of the app). There should be a check in section under your stateroom section.  Good luck. 

312545882_appmainscreen.jpg.5930a0a4cb443291bff4ecad543cbe65.jpg1619249401_Appprofilescreen.jpg.77e2fdce98980d9ccf5c3e8fa4c89135.jpg

I believe you.  But I just like to be through. I have also been told that I don't explain things well in words.  So, lets try pictures. I have attached screen shots of the main screen and the profile screen.  The green circles are the buttons or icons you want to click on. 

Otherwise, I am clueless.  I even counted the days to verify you are 45 days out.  I think someone on RC missed the boat on this one. LOL!

Yep, someone at royal missed the boat.  I did understand what you was getting at, but the pictures comfirmed.  I go through that way and click check in and I go to the page where I have updated our passport info, then click on boarding time and get the message we are not ready for you.

I have seen aomeone else post that there cruise is on July 7, a day before ours, and they could not get boarding times until today about 4pm.  guessing they are running way behind.  Smaller ship, less important, focus on the bigger ships first

I just went to the website and tried to 'edit' my check in and 'view' my boarding pass.  In both cases, I got the following error: "Information is currently not available. Please try again later."  Something is definitely up on their end. But I think it is safe to assume that everyone on your cruise is having the same issues.  Good luck!

Ahh, the joys of RC IT. I made a different check in mistake. I'm not quite fanatical enough to try just after midnight to get a good time, but am usually up early. So when I do check in I usually go straight to the time and grab the earliest available, I grabbed 11:30 for our June cruise. I was puzzled because at one point I noticed a message "see you at 11:00". I just plowed on setting the check in time for all three of us. I mentioned to my son that I got us 11:30, he then told me he had already grabbed 11:00. My mistake for doing all this before having had sufficient coffee to be sentient. A week later 11:00 became available again so I grabbed it.

2 hours ago, Gymnastics dad said:

My family is going on Independence of the Sea in 45 days. We started our check in last night but could not get a boarding time. Everything we good except boarding time. I called Royal this morning and they have no idea what is going on either. Anyone else having this problem?

Loads of people having this problem, No solution. Just keep checking back everyday until you can.

3 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I wonder if they will be doing away with the boarding times and go back to the old ways....show up when you want...

Possibly.......I mean there was always an assigned time, but they never enforced it. I think for now, IT is the problem across the board. 

20 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Possibly.......I mean there was always an assigned time, but they never enforced it. I think for now, IT is the problem across the board. 

I don’t recall specified times. I recall airport type lines….long lines! And  a separate line for various C&A levels.

It does seem like there’s a chance they are changing something with the boarding process. Has anyone with a July booking been able to pick a time yet? The checkin times have been spotty in the past but not so consistently unavailable. Late last year we had one with the full checkin available at the 45 day mark, and then noticed it cleared all our checkin info, and then could do everything but the times, and then had to pick a time again around 30 days out. Have also heard of earlier times slowly opening up in the past as well.

We like the checkin times and hope they aren’t getting rid of them. The process has been much smoother and we’ve gotten on the ship earlier than we ever used to. Those with priority checkin might disagree though.