xSAILEDx Navigator of the Seas - Jan 13, 2023 - Jan 20, 2023 (7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Navigator 7 nights - 13 Jan 2023 Catalina & Ensenada cruise
  • 4 months later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Navigator of the Seas - Jan 13, 2023 - Jan 20, 2023 (7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi to All,

We are going on Navigator of the Seas Jan 13-20, 2023 also! Very excited. Had originally planned this same trip for New Year's Eve 2021, but Covid you know!! Sea passes are now booked! Strange that I am able to book excursions in Puerto Vallarta, but NOT in Cabo or Matzatlan. Is it just me, or?? I am sure it will all work out. This is our first West Coast Royal Caribbean trip. We have been on several others, Oasis, Harmony, Allure, Freedom of the Seas, & Song of Norway (1983.) This port is very local to us! See you there!!

Hello everyone, we were also booked for the New Year’s week, but changed our sale date to Jan 13-20. We are very excited, but I am also very worried about excursions. Very few options come up when trying to book something with royal and some ports don’t have any options!

Is this normal? Is it because the cruise is too far out?

On our old booking the week of New Year’s (2 weeks earlier) there were many excursion options at each stop. I have called royal Caribbean and asked many times if they are going to add more excursions for our new sail date (Jan 13-20) but all I get is, “this is what is available currently and “maybe” some more MIGHT be added later.” I can’t imagine going on a cruise and them not having any excursions available at the port! 😬

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

My boyfriend and I are taking this as our second RC cruise together! I can't wait! I absolutely love Cabo, such an amazing port. Though, we are also confused about the excursions. It's sad that they don't have many up we were really looking forward to doing some of them.

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

I am very concerned right now, so I was hoping someone would be able to answer my questions. It is all over the news right now that after the killing of a high up cartel member, regions of Mexico are in an uproar with extreme cartel violence. The Canadian government has said to limit travel to this area. I am going on a 7 night Mexican cruise on January 13-20. The cities on the itinerary include cabo, puerto vallarta, and mazatlan (one one the cities said to avoid for all non-essential purposes).  Will our itinerary be changed? I have not heard anything from Royal yet and am very concerned. The news has said 6 Canadians have already been trapped there, I do not want to go there if that's the case.

Hello! I can understand the reason for the concern.

Historically cruise ships won't stop somewhere if they perceive there will be a threat to the passengers. The itinerary could be changed at any time. I always register with the Safe Travelers Program offered by the US State Department, and I've received emails advising of limit to travel in certain ports. I'd say stay tuned for any possible update from Royal that could come at any time, even during the cruise.

The good thing for all of us is, if we're concerned with something going on at any part of call, we always have the option to remain on the ship. I hope this helps alleviate some of your concern. 

Stay tuned!

I would also not recommend flying in the day of the cruise. But if you need to, Uber or Lyft work and I've used PrimeTime Shuttle from LAX in the past to other venues - looks like their one-way for a max of 3 people is about $40 to the cruise port. They will wait for your flight to arrive and the drivers are all very pleasant. https://www.primetimeshuttle.com/#/search I hope you have a great vacation!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/11/2023 at 7:13 PM, Seafarer said:

Have a great trip. Please say Hi to Alex and his staff at Playmakers. I bought them a Nerf football last October and Alex and I played catch.  He's keeping the football behind the bar. Hope it's still there and you can go long in the Promenade.

We did meet him, and the other staff members there! All are super nice! Playmakers was our “hangout”. I love that venue! We enjoyed a magnificent cruise! The crowds during the football games were huge, standing room only! 

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Navigator of the Seas - Jan 13, 2023 - Jan 20, 2023 (7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise)