CPAP machine assistance

I filled out the accessibility questionnaire/form and indicated I was requesting an extension cord and distilled water for my next sailing.

Has anyone done this before?  What was your experience? Did they try and charge for the water or was the stuff not waiting for you when you got to your room?

They will not charge you for the water.  We haven't had any trouble with getting what we need delivered to the room.  While it may not be there immediately (turn around time is short and stateroom attendants have much to do), it always was before bedtime.  If it's not there, and you see your stateroom attendant (which is highly likely), kindly ask about it.  They will have it to you asap! 

Enjoy your sailing!

23 minutes ago, endofturn said:

I filled out the accessibility questionnaire/form and indicated I was requesting an extension cord and distilled water for my next sailing.

Has anyone done this before?  What was your experience? Did they try and charge for the water or was the stuff not waiting for you when you got to your room?

Yes.  Not a problem a bit.  In fact, they put an extension cord, a 25 footer, construction type, nasty dirty, but I didn't need it as there was a 120 plug on both sides of the bed.  And there was a one gallon bottle of distilled water for each of us, my wife and I.  NO charge at all.  Don't worry, be happy!

We always notify and have the special requests but it is hit and miss. We both use CPAP and generally there would onbly be one cable. I would say about 80% off cruises I need to ask the room attendant for the cables. We are happy using the tap water and only had a bottle of distilled  water about three times in 20 cruises. We now tend to carry one extenuation cord with us and get the other off Royal. We do this as one cruise they had no cables despite noting CPAP on our booking requests.  Also, with most shios the power is on the bench and so you can ask the room attendant to tapew the cord to the floor so you do not trip on it. 

15 hours ago, endofturn said:

I do this all the time for my CPAP and there is no charge. Quite often, the cord and water is not in the stateroom when the rooms are ready, but, your stateroom attendant will introduce him/herself during the first day and ask if you have any needs/requests.

Just inform the stateroom attendant of what you need and the items will be in your room when it is serviced in the evening. (You know, when you get the next day's Cruise Compass and towel animals!)

On 5/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, endofturn said:

We did this for our last cruise and an extension cord and water was in our stateroom when we got there, no charge...this was also pre-pandemic.

Edited by JennyB
added "no charge"