Bringing Soda and Water Onboard

13 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

We leave the soda and water in our bags.  No issues at all.

Which bags?  Royal allows your carry-on drinks in your carry-on bags per rule, but not sure how closely they check this.

@YOLO..........We used a separate bag to carry our beach shoes, sunscreen, and soda/water bottles (thinking if something leaked, no harm done).    The bag was tagged and checked in by the porters with our other bags at the terminal and waiting for us when we got to our stateroom.   Worked for all 3 cruises we've been on since October.

8 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

Question: Can you bring 1 full bottle of liquour on board? (Im talking about an ''Argentinian'' liquour we mix with coke called ''Fernet''.. lol) 

I know there's no such a kind of liquour on board and i've got pretty much addicted to it last few months haha! 

Unfortunately no. Sorry! Hopefully you can find a new addiction onboard 😉 

39 minutes ago, octaviocloss said:

Question: Can you bring 1 full bottle of liquour on board? (Im talking about an ''Argentinian'' liquour we mix with coke called ''Fernet''.. lol) 

I know there's no such a kind of liquour on board and i've got pretty much addicted to it last few months haha! 

No.  We like Liqueur 43, but we cannot bring it on-board and Royal has not stocked it on-board since the early 2000s...

Just a little off topic.  BUT, as a result of this blog, I found Kraken Rum.  I've never liked rum, in fact, hated it.  But, someone mentioned drinking it with Ginger Beer.  I grew up on Ginger Beer in Canada.  So, I tried it on the Ovation last week and loved it.  The bartender in the Music Hall called it "Dark and Stormy", I called it "Dark and Horney".  The Bartender laughed and laughed and every time I came to the bar, he asked if I wanted a "Dark and Horney".  I think he actually started calling it that name to those that wanted it.  

BTW, they do make "Duck Farts" on Ovation!

10 hours ago, Matt said:

In your carry-on. If you put it in your checked luggage, your baggage could be delayed because security sees cans/bottles and holds it back to investigate and you have to come downstairs and collect it.

Is this new?  I went in 2016 and had an entire case of water in my checked back and I had no issues getting my bag.

2 hours ago, IzzyB said:

Is this new?  I went in 2016 and had an entire case of water in my checked back and I had no issues getting my bag.

It's written in their FAQ that the drinks must be in a carry-on. 

Withholding luggage for the naughty room can happen for anything. One of the culprits is often liquids. Sometimes they will flag it, sometimes they let it pass.

Sailed NCL Breakaway in 2014 - 2016 out of the Manhattan Cruise Terminal.  I would buy a case of plastic water bottles wrapped in plastic.  All I did was to slap a room tag on it and hand to the porter when I arrived (with tip).  It would get to my room no problem.  But that was then on NCL...