Best binoculars for an Alaska cruise?

JennaRCB

Hi everyone! We are looking to share some Alaska cruise tips on RoyalCaribbeanBlog and are looking for any binocular recommendations. I used a nice $30 pair from Amazon last year and thought they were great, but if anyone has any other binocular recommendations feel free to share the brand and why you liked them!

Thanks!

We are lucky to be in an era where really decent quality optics are available at really affordable prices.

If you're on a budget, I would buy a well known, albeit economy brand, such as Bushnell or Nikon.  Yes, they're made in Asia, but they can be really decent optics backed by a large company warranty.

If you find a choice that you like, hopefully they will be waterproof. 

If you want to pay slightly more, Leupold offers an imported line of binoculars.  They are waterproof and in my experience in the dank and wet Coast Range or Cascade mountains, they hold up well.

On 5/23/2022 at 1:20 PM, WAYNO said:

If you want to pay slightly more, Leupold offers an imported line of binoculars.  They are waterproof and in my experience in the dank and wet Coast Range or Cascade mountains, they hold up well.

The Leupold I bought for my Alaska cruise in 2013 are wonderful.  And they have, indeed, held up well.  A nice thing about more expensive binoculars (these were in the $300 range back then) is the stability control they provide.  When the view isn't shaking, it's much easier to zoom in.  

I could never do good with binoculars. Could never line them up properly or focus one the same as the other. So may I suggest monoculars. The one I have works great. One of the best gifts I have ever gotten.

AmazonSmile : Roxant Falcon Monocular Telescope - 10x42 High Definition BAK4 Prism Focusing Scope - Includes Monocular, Phone Adapter, Mini Tripod, Case & Lens Cap | Monoculars for Adults : Electronics