Testing for UK passengers

We are travelling to Florida from the UK in around 7 weeks and are having 8 days on International Drive / Universal before driving down to Miami to board Explorer.

What are the best options for UK passengers getting Covid tests in the I-Drive / Universal area ?

2 hours ago, dboyd72 said:

We are travelling to Florida from the UK in around 7 weeks and are having 8 days on International Drive / Universal before driving down to Miami to board Explorer.

What are the best options for UK passengers getting Covid tests in the I-Drive / Universal area ?

Might be an option, we're looking to use them in Miami prior to joining Explorer

Fast Test Now - Schedule Your Appointment

52 minutes ago, Mike.s said:

Might be an option, we're looking to use them in Miami prior to joining Explorer

Fast Test Now - Schedule Your Appointment

Thanks Mike, the Orlando one looks really handy for Universal.

Were you looking at the $89 Rapid Antigen and have you checked this meets the requirements of Royal Caribbean ?

Which Explorer sailing are you on ?

We are looking at the rapid antigen option and assume!! it will be accepted by Royal as it states it's FDA approved. We're due to sail on the 9th July, feeling miffed that Royal has "for operational reasons" changed Bonaire for Grand Cayman, not a fair swap in our eyes.

While I'm moaning about Royal it really frustrates me they they don't offer any UK partners for proctored testing, guess we don't generate enough revenue for them to bother. If they did we wouldn't be stressing about sourcing a local test.

6 hours ago, Mike.s said:

We are looking at the rapid antigen option and assume!! it will be accepted by Royal as it states it's FDA approved. We're due to sail on the 9th July, feeling miffed that Royal has "for operational reasons" changed Bonaire for Grand Cayman, not a fair swap in our eyes.

While I'm moaning about Royal it really frustrates me they they don't offer any UK partners for proctored testing, guess we don't generate enough revenue for them to bother. If they did we wouldn't be stressing about sourcing a local test.

I noticed that and it also says on the home page that they are CLIA certified - I've seen a lot on here about having the CLIA number on the test result.

We're sailing on 23rd July and haven't had it confirmed officially but we were due to visit Labadee, La Romana, Willemstad and Oranjestad but looks like the cruise is now doing Grand Cayman and an additional sea day instead of Labadee and La Romana.

This is if you look at trying to book a new cruise - the ports are still as was on the Cruise Planner.

The ship is also shown as being booked in on the Grand Cayman Port Schedule.

Port Schedule.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 3:23 PM, dboyd72 said:

I noticed that and it also says on the home page that they are CLIA certified - I've seen a lot on here about having the CLIA number on the test result.

We're sailing on 23rd July and haven't had it confirmed officially but we were due to visit Labadee, La Romana, Willemstad and Oranjestad but looks like the cruise is now doing Grand Cayman and an additional sea day instead of Labadee and La Romana.

This is if you look at trying to book a new cruise - the ports are still as was on the Cruise Planner.

The ship is also shown as being booked in on the Grand Cayman Port Schedule.

Port Schedule.JPG

We are sailing on the 25 June on the same route and have the same query.  At the moment Labadee and La Romana are still on the schedule but the ship is booked in to the Cayman Islands when we are supposed to be in Labadee ?  We have only 2 weeks to go.