Experience with proof of recovery

Hello, I am looking for examples of notice of recovery.  I went to my clinic today for my son and they didn’t have one ready. They have one that is generic for school but just doesn’t look right. Can anyone show me an example that worked for them to take their cruise?

Thank you!!

10 hours ago, Mandy123 said:

Hello, I am looking for examples of notice of recovery.  I went to my clinic today for my son and they didn’t have one ready. They have one that is generic for school but just doesn’t look right. Can anyone show me an example that worked for them to take their cruise?

Thank you!!

We went to our pediatrician this week to get one for our son. I printed out the page on the Royal website that has the requirements and gave it to the doctor with his positive PCR test result. She was a bit bewildered by needing a letter (why isn't the positive PCR itself good enough as it is in other countries...I agree, but a discussion for another time), but typed out the letter on the spot using the guidance from the website and printed it at the front desk.

For my wife, her PCP sucks, so we used a telemed option we found online. Had to pay for it, but worth it.

Welp, with two weeks until our first cruise, my worst fear came true, I have COVID. Seems like my other travelers do not, and I'm quarantined. I took a PCR test today (after getting an antigen test yesterday) to make sure I have it before the 11 day window. 

My question is does anyone have any experience with proof of recovery? I anticipate getting over this in plenty of time, but I'm worried my antigen test in 12 days is going to come back positive anyway. 

1 hour ago, BigMac3001 said:

I'm worried my antigen test in 12 days is going to come back positive anyway. 

Actually, it’s usually the opposite where pcr test comes back positive but antigen doesn’t. 

23 minutes ago, Matt said:

Actually, it’s usually the opposite where pcr test comes back positive but antigen doesn’t. 

Correct, but the pcr is required now for proof of recovery, if I have to go that route. I'll do the antigen in two weeks, and chances are it will come back negative, but I need to plan for it to not. 

I'm wondering about this as well. It seems if you have a positive PCR within the 11-90 days, as well as a doctors note fulfilling all the criteria required its supposed to be ok. But haven't found a bunch of stories yet from people saying how it went.

5 hours ago, celticmermaid418 said:

so our state does not run a PCR if the rapid was positive.  I was planning on using a certificate of recovery but I guess that I wont be able to as I only have a positive antigen test.

I had a doctor in an urgent care who was extremely upset with me for coming in for a conclusive PCR test when my at home rapid test showed positive.  I insisted on testing since I knew the accuracy of home tests was questionable and I would need a note for work.   Anyhow, after she berated me for wasting her time they ran the PCR test and it was negative.  If I ever test positive on an at home rapid test I won't bother telling them that.

@BigMac3001You should be fine for the Recovery letter -just be sure to have your documents in order.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/swe/sv/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail?country=SWE

So, my antigen test was an at home. I did the drive thru at Walgreens to get the PCR, which I'm waiting on the results. I assume it will be positive, but my symptoms are already gone (hurray for the vaccine!). I intend to get the all clear from my doc next week, and get my antigen test two days from the cruise. That way I have the proof of recovery if my two day antigen comes back positive. Yes, I am a planner. 

On 5/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, BigMac3001 said:

Correct, but the pcr is required now for proof of recovery, if I have to go that route. I'll do the antigen in two weeks, and chances are it will come back negative, but I need to plan for it to not. 

I dont think pcr test  is needed for  proof for recovery, only the initial test needs to be a pcr.  Then you can get a certificate of recovery from your physian which would negate the need for any test to board.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:33 AM, XtremeGK said:

We went to our pediatrician this week to get one for our son. I printed out the page on the Royal website that has the requirements and gave it to the doctor with his positive PCR test result. She was a bit bewildered by needing a letter (why isn't the positive PCR itself good enough as it is in other countries...I agree, but a discussion for another time), but typed out the letter on the spot using the guidance from the website and printed it at the front desk.

For my wife, her PCP sucks, so we used a telemed option we found online. Had to pay for it, but worth it.

CAn you tell me which telemed site you used?  When is your cruise?  We may need one for my daughter.

2 hours ago, MLH said:

I dont think pcr test  is needed for  proof for recovery, only the initial test needs to be a pcr.  Then you can get a certificate of recovery from your physian which would negate the need for any test to board.

That's what I meant. Once you have the positive PCR, that's really all you need. My initial positive was antigen, which is why I got the pcr. 

• 2 weeks later...