Recommended hotels for cruises out of Port Canaveral??

We booked our 2nd B2B on Wonder next year...Yes, we are now hooked on B2Bs!!! We plan on flying in a few days prior as usual and need a recommendation for the best location for a hotel. Orlando or Cocoa Beach? We don't really want to rent a car either. One thread mentioned GoPort with regards to shuttle services. Anybody have any experience with them? 

We have stayed at Coco Beach numerous times, using different motels.  What I've discovered, is they're all the same, regardless of how many stars or however known the name is.  The differences are location.  Most folks prefer a room overlooking the beach, as do I.  And the closer to the beach, the higher the price.  It's easy to pay $300+ for a mediocre motel with a wonderful view.  You can pay more, but the extra return is minimal or non-existent.

Personally, I have standardized on...

La Quinta Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Oceanfront, Cocoa Beach

and they have a wonderful breakfast buffet.😎

8 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

We have stayed at Coco Beach numerous times, using different motels.  What I've discovered, is they're all the same, regardless of how many stars or however known the name is.  The differences are location.  Most folks prefer a room overlooking the beach, as do I.  And the closer to the beach, the higher the price.  It's easy to pay $300+ for a mediocre motel with a wonderful view.  You can pay more, but the extra return is minimal or non-existent.

Thanks...I saw the La Quinta in Cocoa Beach...did you fly into MCO and how did you get to the hotel from the airport? Shuttle? Uber? Do they offer a shuttle to the pier?

18 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Has it gotten a facelift in recent years? We stayed there in 2015 and weren't impressed. Worn down and musty.

23 minutes ago, SpicyCherry said:

Thanks...I saw the La Quinta in Cocoa Beach...did you fly into MCO and how did you get to the hotel from the airport? Shuttle? Uber? Do they offer a shuttle to the pier?

Yes, we fly into MCO.  Mostly, when four of us travel together, we've rented a mini-van (Hertz) at the airport, driven to the motel, and the day of the cruise we return the car, where a  shuttle is waiting to take us to the ship.    We have also shuttled from MCO to the motel, and the motel provided a shuttle to the ship.  These places have all made this part extremely easy.

Then when the cruise is done, we walked out and paid to get on the same bus to the airport as we could have signed up for on the ship.  We now just sign up on the ship for such shuttles.

14 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

Yes, we fly into MCO.  Mostly, when four of us travel together, we've rented a mini-van (Hertz) at the airport, driven to the motel, and the day of the cruise we return the car, where a  shuttle is waiting to take us to the ship.    We have also shuttled from MCO to the motel, and the motel provided a shuttle to the ship.  These places have all made this part extremely easy.

Then when the cruise is done, we walked out and paid to get on the same bus to the airport as we could have signed up for on the ship.  We now just sign up on the ship for such shuttles.

Gotcha....this is helpful. The last time we cruised out of Port Canaveral, we stayed in Lake Buena Vista but we were with my brother who had his car. So it wasn't a concern as to getting from the airport and then to the pier. This time we'll be alone and didn't necessarily want to rent. But we might look into that.

11 minutes ago, WAYNO said:

We've used this outfit multiple times from the airport.  I don't remember much about them, so they must've worked out well.😉

1373197232_Screenshot2022-05-22at15-34-05Home.png.1c080c264de6badcc90f33b773013d57.png

I just checked out this website and it looks like it's worth looking into. Great suggestion. Thanks!!

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Has it gotten a facelift in recent years? We stayed there in 2015 and weren't impressed. Worn down and musty.

Yes, it was a bit run down, and I've found all hotels in the humidity belt to be musty.  I found it to be not as bad as others.  That's why I said they're all mediocre, regardless of name and/or price.

We flew into MCO and with suggestions from people on this forum we stayed at the Fairfield Inn by Marriott. It's like 2 miles or less from the airport and the Inn has a shuttle from the airport to the Inn. I did spend a little bit more to have a private shuttle pick us up at the Fairfield and drive us to the port and then we took the shared shuttle from the port back to the airport when heading home at the end of our trip. The Inn was cost effective, had a great breakfast and a nice pool. The staff was very friendly and the place was clean. It had a nice pool as well. Denny's is right around the corner and there are many other restaurants and stores within walking distance. The shuttle service was Cruise control transport. Two nights at the Inn refundable rate was $320.00 and the shuttle both ways totaled $150.00

Again, advice I received from here.