Room repricing for solo

My wife and I just did this same thing for our June 17th cruise. She is unable to go now. The room was not repriced. I’m assuming this is because the room is based on a double occupancy. We originally paid for 2 people and are still being charged the same that 2 people would have cost us. However we are being refunded the cost of the taxes and fees that were paid for my wife.

4 hours ago, DunkelBierJay said:

Even if you don't notify Royal of this, and you are the only one who checks in, there will be a port taxes and fees refund put on account for the person who doesn't go. Otherwise, the charge remains for double occupancy with no changes.

If you don’t notify Royal, you may not get the extra C&A points for being a solo traveler. Maybe someone can jump in here and answer. 

Yes, in order to get double C&A points it has to be booked as a solo.

Also, for the OP question, if you cancel the one person, they will reprice the cabin at prevailing rates. So, it might be good to do a mock booking and see the current cost. That way you will know if it is worth it to change the booking to solo or allow the other person to just be a no-show.

9 hours ago, SueB2 said:

Hi, I am wondering if a room (covered under cancel with confidence program) will be repriced if one (of 2) person has to cancel. The trip is 3 weeks away. thanks 

You have to cancel the entire cabin to take advantage of CWC. If one person can't go you just no show them and taxes and port fees get refunded for the missing party but no cruisefare will be refunded.

58 minutes ago, Last Lion said:

So if you book a cabin for two. Pay for two. Then have to cancel one person two things happen:

1. You get a refund for the port charges for the one person- good

2. The other person does not get double C&A points unless you rebook at the current rate? This seems very unfair.

It is also not fair that 1 person who cruises pays double the fare, but those are the breaks.

I am wondering if a currently booked double occupancy room can be converted (re-priced if need be) to a solo room (keeping the same room & getting a solo price all while the room is still booked by you as a double)?  The idea would be the First Law of Wing Walking - don't let go of what you have until you have something better to hold on to...

Yes—solo cruisers pay almost the same as a double occupancy. It’s not great, but standard.

If the fare is $500 a person, if you’re traveling alone you’ll see that when you go to choose your room, (after indicating that you’re one passenger,) it’s suddenly $950-1000 for that same room. 

There really is no solo fare.

I'm booked in one of the handful of solo balcony rooms. The room appears to be quite a bit smaller than a regular balcony, but it should be fine for just me. I'm not sure the cost difference between the solo and the average balcony room.

12 hours ago, GaryAA said:

If you don’t notify Royal, you may not get the extra C&A points for being a solo traveler. Maybe someone can jump in here and answer. 

I've been in a cabin with a no show 3 times.  Each time I received the extra points. However,  I had to call on 2 of the cruises