First time on a Cruise

This is the first time my family will be on a cruise (kids are 9 and 12). I've done some research but I feel like there is so much I don't know. We will be sailing July 9th on Explorer or the seas to the South Caribbean. Hubby and I were looking into the beverage package (we don't drink enough to justify the alcoholic package, we figure we can just purchase an alcoholic drink if we want). Do I need to purchase a beverage package for everyone in our stateroom? My youngest only drinks milk and water so it would not be worth it for her. 

If you've been on a cruise before is there anything you wish you would have known or someone would have told you?

Thank you!

Per the FAQ:

Beverage packages are available on all Royal Caribbean ships, however some sailings may not offer packages.

Onboard, the all-inclusive packages are available for purchase throughout the voyage with at least 4 days remaining. Must be purchased for the duration of the cruise; prorated price based on date of purchase. Any guest wishing to purchase an alcoholic beverage package must do so for all guests of legal drinking age in the same stateroom.

All other beverage packages can be purchased by individual guests, however all packages are for single guest use and cannot be shared by multiple people.

Think I wish I knew...

1) Pack hoodies or light jacket.
I'm born and raised in Puerto Rico and on my first cruise I realized that the nights on the Caribbean Sea can be breezy and a bit chilly if you stay outside for a bit.

2) Drink lots of water.
Cruise food is excellent but blow me and my family up! Looked horrible on the formal night photos. Doing some research I learned dehydration due to 🍻🍷 and extra condiments may cause this. Some said the sea breeze but I'm not sure. Born and raised in the Caribbean and sea breeze didn't do that 🤷🏽‍♂️