CocoCay - Water Park vs Other and based on ages

kitkat211

We are cruising to Cococay for the first time in the fall from Port Canaveral.  We have my in-laws (70-80) and our teen boys (14-15) on this trip and we're in our 40s.  The water park including wave pool sounds amazing even w/ reviews from adults.   I am therefore wondering if it's advised if we all get tickets to it, or if just the boys should and us adults can lounge on the rest of the island (and save some $)?  Note my 80 year old father in law is young at heart and in great shape - he recently went on the zipline in Labadee with all of us and can keep up.

Thanks for your insights!

3 hours ago, kitkat211 said:

We are cruising to Cococay for the first time in the fall from Port Canaveral.  We have my in-laws (70-80) and our teen boys (14-15) on this trip and we're in our 40s.  The water park including wave pool sounds amazing even w/ reviews from adults.   I am therefore wondering if it's advised if we all get tickets to it, or if just the boys should and us adults can lounge on the rest of the island (and save some $)?  Note my 80 year old father in law is young at heart and in great shape - he recently went on the zipline in Labadee with all of us and can keep up.

Thanks for your insights!

Welcome to the boards! Your group sounds like a great fit for the Water Park Cabanas. You’ll have a place to lounge, park access for as little or as much time as you like, and a central location where everyone knows they can meet. 

You received very good advice.😎

My wife has been to Cococay twice, and I've been there once.  

I don't do the water slides, but I truly love being on the island, watching folks have fun, and kicking back.  I would love to be there watching my family have the time of their life.🤩

From mild to wild, taking advantage to as much or as little as you'd like, the place is marvelous.

Hope you have a great cruise.  For your next trip take note that we find that all the free stuff at Coco Cay is just fine.  True story, as we were getting ready to snorkel, we saw a diver give a small boy a conch shell.  He jumped up and down in excitement moments later when he cried there was something inside.  His father didn't believe him but came over anyway.  There was a small octopus.  Somehow it jumped out of the shell, or the father threw it away, but I felt compelled to rescue it.  It wrapped its tentacles around my hand as I walked it to the water.  Once immersed, it squirted ink and swam away.     I don't think you will see this at the water park, but our son is grown, and I understand the popularity of the slides.  Take care...