Covid testing for travellers from UK in New York before getting on Adventure of the Seas in Aug 22

Hi All, 

I'm based in the UK and having testing booked to come to the US however I have 4 days in NY before we board the Adventure of the Sea in Aug 22 but we need to get tested again so looking for advice on where to go and what to look for in testing before cruising and where is reliable in the Manhattan area? 2 fully up to date with shots, one 12 year old with 1 jab 2nd pending and one 9 year old without any shots (yet). 

Any advice would be great!! 

I'm a first time cruiser (this has been booked for 2+ years!!) so just feel it's never going to happen!! 

On 5/22/2022 at 4:27 AM, Dannyboy72 said:

one 12 year old with 1 jab 2nd pending

12 year olds are required to be fully vaccinated (2 shots with the last shot being at least 14 days prior to embarkation) so make sure that your 12 year old will meet that requirement so there are no surprises!

As for where to test, I don't live in the Manhattan area so I'm not familiar with where you would need to test. The unvaccinated 9 year old will have to do a PCR, so you'll need to make sure you have enough time to get results for that.  Your hotel should be able to give you some suggestions of where to get the COVID tests but perhaps someone local to the area can chime in and point in a specific direction.  We have CVS here which is a pharmacy and they do COVID testing.  The policies differ as to what the charges are for testing there but you can try to search for a location using their website (https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/covid-assessment) and see what is near where you will be staying in Manhattan.

If you have 4 nights booked in a hotel or are staying with friends/family, order the Abbott tests for all involved and extra and have them delivered to the NY address.  Make sure you coordinate this with your hotel or friends/family first.  You can then take the tests at anytime (within 2 days , (actually 3 days if you don't count the day of embarkation) days of embarkation) thru telehealth and proctored services in the privacy of your own hotel room or bedroom.  If you purchase the test kits through the Royal (U.S. site), the price includes the telehealth proctored service.