Rainforest Tours in PR

CTKaren

Does anyone have any recommendations of a tour to see the Rainforest that leaves midafternoon? We arrive at 2:30pm and was hoping to find something around 4pm for 4-5hours. It seems to me with all the cruise ships that arrive in the afternoon that there would be options for this.

My son really wants to see the Rainforest and now is talking about renting a car and driving himself there. How far is it from Old San Juan? Would this be doable in 4-5 hours if this is what he decides to do?

Thanks in advance.

We took a Royal tour, which involved a bus ride to a small fall, a river, and a tower.  I would not do it again, but it did allow us to see the countryside.  I recommend you check out Cruise Planner.  There were excursions that involved hiking or horseback riding.

On 5/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, CTKaren said:

My son really wants to see the Rainforest and now is talking about renting a car and driving himself there. How far is it from Old San Juan? Would this be doable in 4-5 hours if this is what he decides to do?

Yes, definitely. We were off the ship by 7:20am, taxied to the airport and had our rental car by 8. El Yunque was verrryy easily drivable from the airport (around 35 min) and within the rainforest, itself. A lot of the most scenic things are right off the road. I doubt you will ever find a tour that leaves that late in the day so this is definitely the way to see it. 

IMG_0404.thumb.jpeg.09cf2a5f84246eb24faf3c13f7d32f8e.jpeg.267ae44f4830cbaccbb1e6731229515b.jpeg

AEAD5E4B-23A5-4F92-AEBA-C1DF96A962BA.thumb.jpg.ea35a9e64281340013c9ee9e08f7ed90.jpg.030066b14162373ecae0053390c6f970.jpg