Water and soda question

Hello, 

First time RC cruise and I was wondering about bottled water. I know I can get bottled water if we do the refreshment package but price seems a bit steep for the week. So I got us the soda only package for everyone in our group. Can I just buy bottled water at the bars? If so does anyone know how much? I would love to preorder bottled water like I did on Carnival but all RC seems to have is canned water which is gross lol. 

And sorry for another question. Do they have Freestyle machines on Labadee and Coco Cay? Just wondering if we would need our cups. 

Thanks in advance! So excited 15days til we cruise 🚢

If a ship has canned water, it will be canned water everywhere. That means other than mineral water and some large Evian glass bottles, it will only come in a can........ it doesn't taste bad. Each bottle/can will be 2.99+ grats. If you want bottles, you might be better off bringing your own. You can bring 12 per stateroom up to 17 ounces. 

There are no freestyle machines at CocoCay, haven't been to Labadee yet but I think it is the same where you get soda in plastic cups and the selection is limited. 

I've had the same experience with ordering water cans and getting bottles delivered to the state room.  I hope the same experience happens on my upcoming July cruise.  Canned water is just weird.....Your soda package will work on the private islands and you could just use their cups provided.  When I was at Coco Cay, we brought refillable water bottles from home and used ice and water from the buffet machine.  I liked it,, but YMMV.  We don;t drink soda, so we did;t have that package. or those refillable cups.

39 minutes ago, anxiouscruiser said:

Its always bottled water no cans

Not true, some ships don't have bottle water anymore. I sailed on Harmony and it was cans, Freedom it was bottles, Allure had bottles, Indy only had cans and Mariner had both because they were transitioning. 

I purchased the tiny one-serving mix packets to mix with bottled water. I have Propel, Hawaiian Punch, Iced Tea, etc. There are even a few packs of Canada Dry ginger ale (not sure what that'll taste like ? ). If I bring bottled water on the ship, I should be able to refill those and make my own drinks.

3 hours ago, SunnyDays said:

If we buy water while out on an excursion, can we bring it back on the ship? A couple bottles of unopened water? What about a half empty bottle? Will I have to chug it down (or throw it out)?  Oy! 

I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking.

6 hours ago, SunnyDays said:

If we buy water while out on an excursion, can we bring it back on the ship? A couple bottles of unopened water? What about a half empty bottle? Will I have to chug it down (or throw it out)?  Oy! 

Yes, you can come back with bottles of water and not have to chug it......but ymmv based on ports.

20 hours ago, Machae said:

Anyone currently (or recently) on Odyssey know if the water ordered for staterooms is bottled or canned? I've already order, because I don't care, but another family member doesn't want canned. She wants to reseal it.

Have her bring her one Yeti or Hydro-type water bottle and just pour it in.  This is what I plan on doing for us.