Cancellation Call: Religious Exemption Offered

After all....90% Vax is WAY safer than 80% Vax or 70% Vax....I've lost the ability to be shocked or phased in the absence of common sense and logic displayed by companies, government, people....

Bowen....my hope is to someday share a beverage and a laugh on a cruise ship with you.  Perhaps I    will follow where you go.

1 hour ago, CharmMicah68 said:

After all....90% Vax is WAY safer than 80% Vax or 70% Vax....I've lost the ability to be shocked or phased in the absence of common sense and logic displayed by companies, government, people....

Bowen....my hope is to someday share a beverage and a laugh on a cruise ship with you.  Perhaps I    will follow where you go.

I I wonder why people trust cruise companies to run the ship, but not about COVID.  Either they know what they are doing, or they do not.  So if you do not trust them on their COVID decisions, I totally agree you should not go on their ships, obviously they have no idea what they are doing.

Pattern:  For the most part RCCL does a great job providing a wonderful cruise experience overall.  I    trust I    am safe on their ships and will have a good time.

Pattern:  Current RCCL COVID protocols defy any real sort of logic to everyday life, the math is overwhelmingly in my favor to cruise and I  feel perfectly safe jumping on a ship without COVID protocols.

I     don't simply say poorly implemented and regemented COVID protocols  = bad RCCL captains and staff that make the ship unsafe and I     can't trust them.

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

I I wonder why people trust cruise companies to run the ship, but not about COVID.  Either they know what they are doing, or they do not.  So if you do not trust them on their COVID decisions, I totally agree you should not go on their ships, obviously they have no idea what they are doing.

totally disagree. I trust a fireman to put out fires. I trust a Soldier to guard us. I trust a cruise ship company to cruise. COVID is not in RCL's "lane". RCL was made to follow some political science idiotocracy. Now that they are free to make proper business decisions, many of us hope that they will in the Covid arena as they do in most of their other areas.

1 hour ago, MrMarc said:

This is me just waving bye to this thread as it gets locked. Bye thread, it was nice while it lasted! 🙂

6 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I honestly don't believe that the reason or wording anyone uses on there exemption request means didly squat. They accept them until they reach 10% and then cut them off. I highly doubt there is someone at Royal's offices sifting through exemption requests saying that religious exemption request A is not as fundamentally founded as religious exemption request B. Or that this medical request exemption is more scientific than that medical exemption........

I think that they calculate all the families with kids under 12 not vaccinated and then see if they can take all the medical ones, and religious is probably last.  Which is why you don't find out until so close to the cruise since people are still booking with a higher "priority".  But I agree the reasons within medical and religious probably don't matter.  All medical are probably lumped together just like all religious lumped together.  If I had to guess it would be who paid the most is who they keep within those categories if they can't keep all.

8 hours ago, IzzyB said:

I think that they calculate all the families with kids under 12 not vaccinated

Supposedly those 5 and under do not count in the 10% or 5% or whatever it is....but nobody really has any idea.  I think you're right though about everyone else just being lumped together and that the content of the requests mean little or nothing.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Supposedly those 5 and under do not count in the 10% or 5% or whatever it is....but nobody really has any idea.  I think you're right though about everyone else just being lumped together and that the content of the requests mean little or nothing.

Yes but those 5-12 count towards the 10% because they can be vax and some aren't

I think another reason is that the exemptions are done by humans, so it takes time to read each exemption and then try to factor in the threshold limits. I think it is a combination of everything, i,e when people book, what they book and how they booked. Example a family of 5 book a suite in 2021 that sails in summer of 2022 through Royal. The children are 5, 8, 11 and none are vaxxed so they count towards that 10%. Then someone tries to book same cruise in 2022, balconies, and has a medical/religious exemption. I think they will prioritize the family in a suite as they booked first and require less processing.  

Check out @monorailmedic 's content on www.cruisehabit.com (as well as CruseHabit on YouTube).  They've been sailing frequently on Virgin and have some excellent content.  If you have questions about anything he talks about, just post  your question on the video or article.  Billy answers everything quickly and thoughtfully.

12 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Check out @monorailmedic 's content on www.cruisehabit.com (as well as CruseHabit on YouTube).  They've been sailing frequently on Virgin and have some excellent content.  If you have questions about anything he talks about, just post  your question on the video or article.  Billy answers everything quickly and thoughtfully.

Is this the polite way of telling us to keep our Virgin discussions somewhere else ? 😇😊😉

JK

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Is this the polite way of telling us to keep our Virgin discussions somewhere else ? 😇😊😉

JK

LOL!! Absolutely NOT!!  I just thought he might have some interesting content for you.  I'm totally interested in knowing if you go on a Virgin cruise and what your experience is if you do.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Sorry, I should have said 5 to 12.  It only is 5 to 12 unvaxed that count towards it.  But either way since they don't need to file anything they would always be first and RC doesn't know how many of those will book last minute.  I imagine if they see really low 5 to 12 unvaxed that they start approving earlier other requests.  But if they have a lot of 5 to 12 they wait to the last minute.  Since it is summer I imagine the 5 to 12 block is taking up most of that 10%. 

45 minutes ago, IzzyB said:

Sorry, I should have said 5 to 12.  It only is 5 to 12 unvaxed that count towards it.  But either way since they don't need to file anything they would always be first and RC doesn't know how many of those will book last minute.  I imagine if they see really low 5 to 12 unvaxed that they start approving earlier other requests.  But if they have a lot of 5 to 12 they wait to the last minute.  Since it is summer I imagine the 5 to 12 block is taking up most of that 10%. 

My next scheduled is in September, and I do have a religious exemption pending for that one as well. I had wondered if the August sailing was due to school still being out for a good part of the country. I'll keep you guys posted on the September one, but I think it'll be the same as August. 

We went ahead and booked ourselves and our 8 kids in the presidential suite on the liberty in October. The hope is that they change the percentage for vaxxed and approve our exemption requests (4 of us are over 12). We booked in October hoping there would be less kids booked, therefor more room for exemptions. Wish RC would be more transparent about that while booking but we booked anyway. My husband’s parents are in the room with us and they are vaxxed. We will either get to cruise with RC in October or we will get a refund, I’m just done waiting to cruise. If they don’t approve us we are immediately booking Princess on a sailing that has room for our medical/religious status. We tested to go to Beaches in 2021 and it was a beautiful vacation so we are fine testing this time. We already canceled other sailings and booked Hawaii and another Disney trip in the winter. We decided to avoid international flights for the same reasons everybody else on this thread have. Fingers crossed! 

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

JK

I share the same curiosity as @SpeedNoodles so I hope if you do sail with them you come back and share your experience! From what I've heard and seen from those who have cruised Virgin, I am very curious as to what your perspective would be of what they have to offer!

3 hours ago, MidwestIA said:

We went ahead and booked ourselves and our 8 kids in the presidential suite on the liberty in October. The hope is that they change the percentage for vaxxed and approve our exemption requests (4 of us are over 12). We booked in October hoping there would be less kids booked, therefor more room for exemptions. Wish RC would be more transparent about that while booking but we booked anyway. My husband’s parents are in the room with us and they are vaxxed. We will either get to cruise with RC in October or we will get a refund, I’m just done waiting to cruise. If they don’t approve us we are immediately booking Princess on a sailing that has room for our medical/religious status. We tested to go to Beaches in 2021 and it was a beautiful vacation so we are fine testing this time. We already canceled other sailings and booked Hawaii and another Disney trip in the winter. We decided to avoid international flights for the same reasons everybody else on this thread have. Fingers crossed! 

I’d be fine testing if I were sailing out of Galveston, my home port, because I wouldn’t incur any cost of having to reschedule flights, etc. If I tested positive. So if RC does open up to testing at the port and letting us know at the start if there is room on board for unvaccinated then I’d book. Basically if they do what Virgin is doing now. I just don’t want to fly my family somewhere and then get a positive asymptomatic test at the port.

18 minutes ago, Bowen said:

I’d be fine testing if I were sailing out of Galveston, my home port, because I wouldn’t incur any cost of having to reschedule flights, etc. If I tested positive. So if RC does open up to testing at the port and letting us know at the start if there is room on board for unvaccinated then I’d book. Basically if they do what Virgin is doing now. I just don’t want to fly my family somewhere and then get a positive asymptomatic test at the port.

That is exactly why we booked the liberty out of Galveston. We live in Iowa so we would drive. If we test positive we can just drive home (disappointing but better than airplanes)