Multiple 3Day dining package

Are you able to purchase a couple 3 day dining packages within the same cruise? My husband and I will be doing an 8 night cruise coming up but the unlimited dining package seems too much as we won’t utilize it all 8 nights and we don’t have the desire to use it for lunch on sea days. However we think 6 nights of it would be nice and don’t want to spend all the money on individual reservations. So would we both be able to buy two 3 day dining packages? Thank you for any info!!

I believe you can only purchase 1 package pp and per sailing. At most I think you could do a 3n and a Chops+1 but who knows as they make a curtesy reservation for you the first night and that would conflict.

Do the math, is 2 3-night pckgs cheaper than the UDP? Even if you don't do lunches or 8 nights, it still might be cheaper than buying 3 nights a la carte and a 3-night package.

Sailing on Harmony of the Seas 8 nights Nov 2022 and just reserved a 3 night dining package.  My girlfriend and I plan on dining at Chops, Jaime's Italian and 150 Central Park.  We are also interested in Izumi and are thinking of adding that as an extra.  We considered the unlimited dining package, but there is no way we would eat at more than four restaurants, especially since we enjoy the main dining room and Windjammer.  So I don't believe we would get our money's worth.  I did the math and it would cost us an extra $232 if we added the unlimited, which means that is at least two more dining venues we would have to hit.  Just wondering if there is a smarter more cost effective way of doing 4 specialty restaurants?  

@Aron_RossThey will have dining "deals" on board, but this will really depend on the load factor. If it is a holiday sailing, i.e Thanksgiving, the onboard deals won't compare to what you will pay in the cruise planner. However, if it is a shoulder season then you might get between 30-40% off but that's a gamble. It will be cheaper to add Izumi on the planner to your 3n pckg. Plus, you will be able to make your reservation right away for that one.

On 5/29/2022 at 8:37 PM, Ampurp85 said:

@Aron_RossThey will have dining "deals" on board, but this will really depend on the load factor. If it is a holiday sailing, i.e Thanksgiving, the onboard deals won't compare to what you will pay in the cruise planner. However, if it is a shoulder season then you might get between 30-40% off but that's a gamble. It will be cheaper to add Izumi on the planner to your 3n pckg. Plus, you will be able to make your reservation right away for that one.

We will be sailing Nov 12th until the 20th so that is right before Thanksgiving.  We may just wing it with Izumi and see if there is a sale like you suggested.  We have heard great things about Izumi, but it just doesn't grab us.  So if there is no deal or if it sells out, we won't be too disappointed.  The Izumi lunch on the other hand looks more interesting.  

I noticed there is no ala carte pricing for Izumi on Harmony, but could have sworn there was on Freedom during our cruise last month.

@Aron_Rosson our last sailing (pre-covid, so mileage may vary now) we were frequently approached by staff offering BOGO 50% off for the 2nd guest (so effectively 25% off for each) for a couple of the restaurants, and by the 2nd to last day or so were offered 30% off each guest. As @Ampurp85mentioned, it will depend on how much availability they have. If the restaurant is pretty well booked up, there probably won't be any discount offered onboard.

9 minutes ago, D Alt said:

for the 3 night Dining package.... Can you visit multiple restaurants each night of the package (for ex. lunch and dinner) or can you only do one restaurant each night? 

Only 3 meals, total.  Frankly, I’m not sure if they would allow you to use 2 meals on one night, but I highly doubt it.  The 3 night package is definitely not unlimited.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:22 AM, Aron_Ross said:

I did the math and it would cost us an extra $232 if we added the unlimited, which means that is at least two more dining venues we would have to hit.  Just wondering if there is a smarter more cost effective way of doing 4 specialty restaurants?  

Getting the unlimited package will open you up to a little more dining flexibility. You will can take advantage of lunch at the specialty restaurants whenever they are open and Johnny Rockets as well.

As for Izumi, if you are wanting sushi there is a $34.99 fixed price option where you get to pick one small plate, two large plates and a dessert for that price despite what the menu pricing is. It's still ala carte pricing as well so you could gauge what the 2 of you potentially would spend for your visit there. The difference between Freedom and Harmony Izumi sushi is you need to make a reservation once onboard to guarantee you will be able to dine there. Freedom doesn't let you make sushi reservations.