Fort Lauderdale Transportation

Greetings!  Just 4 weeks until we leave on Freedom - can't wait!  We have a group of 6 going and are flying in the day before. We did Priceline for a hotel that night. 

Question is regarding transportation. The hotel we are staying at (Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort) doesn't offer complimentary transportation so I've been looking at several options... Seems like Uber is the most economical option, but we are probably going to need (2) UberXLs because of luggage. Will that be an issue at around 10p on a Friday getting two cars at FLL? And same at 1130 the next morning to get from the hotel to the Port?

Any other suggestions for transportation? I've looked at Infinity, A&B, and On Time Passenger Van.

Thanks!

Damian

Greetings!  Just 4 weeks until we leave on Freedom - can't wait!  We have a group of 6 going and are flying in the day before. We did Priceline for a hotel that night. 

Question is regarding transportation. The hotel we are staying at (Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort) doesn't offer complimentary transportation so I've been looking at several options... Seems like Uber is the most economical option, but we are probably going to need (2) UberXLs because of luggage. Will that be an issue at around 10p on a Friday getting two cars at FLL? And same at 1130 the next morning to get from the hotel to the Port?

Any other suggestions for transportation? I've looked at Infinity, A&B, and On Time Passenger Van.

Thanks!

Damian

Damian,

Whatever transport you decide on, I would recommend leaving earlier than 1130 am the next morning to get to the port. In fact, if you can be at the port earlier you will be able to board earlier. However, your rooms may not be ready, just bring the essentials in a back pack or small carry. I always like to get on board early just to enjoy the ship without the crowds. Good luck and enjoy!

Robert

Probably no issue getting Ubers at either time. Another option would be car rentals as they can be cheap for one day ($28 full size). If you rent from Alamo, they have a shuttle to the port. I'd recommend dropping everyone and the luggage off, and then the drivers can return the cars and take the shuttle back. This is only economical if you get a good deal on the car through Alamo AND your hotel doesn't charge for parking.

Guest toodle68

The ship arrives back in port at 5:30am.. so it is likely that providing there are no issues, you should be able to board sooner than 12:30. Last cruise we were on at 11am.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably no issue getting Ubers at either time. Another option would be car rentals as they can be cheap for one day ($28 full size). If you rent from Alamo, they have a shuttle to the port. I'd recommend dropping everyone and the luggage off, and then the drivers can return the cars and take the shuttle back. This is only economical if you get a good deal on the car through Alamo AND your hotel doesn't charge for parking.

Thank you for this suggestion! We just booked a mini van, through Alamo, for $49. Definitely the most economical option I was able to find. And I plan on doing as you said - drop everyone off with the luggage and then take the shuttle. 

One last question - when making our Alamo reservation, they had a Port Everglades drop off option. Does anyone know if there is a shuttle to the ship from there or is it only from the Alamo at FLL? Not sure how far Alamo at Port Everglades is from the actual pier....

Thanks!

I called and confirmed - no issues. There is a shuttle from either location. Thanks!