No sales on spa?

I personally have not seen pre-cruise sales in the Spa, but they do run "sales" on board...usually it's not really a "sale" as much as it might be a package of more than one thing at a "discounted" price...hubby and I did a couples massage on our 25th anniversary cruise and it was discounted but not enough that we will ever do it again on a cruise! 

29 minutes ago, JennyB said:

I personally have not seen pre-cruise sales in the Spa, but they do run "sales" on board...usually it's not really a "sale" as much as it might be a package of more than one thing at a "discounted" price...hubby and I did a couples massage on our 25th anniversary cruise and it was discounted but not enough that we will ever do it again on a cruise! 

I agree with you.  The spa (and related procedures like massage, etc.) is the one place where you are unlikely to save money pre-cruise but likely to find a roving deal after you board.

35 minutes ago, JennyB said:

My wife and I were the same way. Got a discount on a couples massage a few cruises ago, but with the prices for our upcoming cruise....no way!

I've noticed that the Spa discounts appear less often than on other items in the Cruise Planner. (I always book a Day 1 massage for my wife in the planner.)

I think one major driver of this is that the Spa is actually run by a third party company, OneSpaWorld, not Royal Caribbean.

That is not to say discounts won't become available, they just seem to appear less often than items like Drinks, Excursions, etc.

One good way to get a lower price on spa services is to book them for port days instead of sea days. The spa quite often has lower prices while the ship is in a port of call when/where demand is lower.

Yeah....want a treatment (massage, nails, hair, facial) at a specific time?  Pay the premium price...willing to 'just go' whenever....wait till you are on board.  I always book the Mrs 3-4 things for the first day at sea.....the most expensive thing to do 😉

But....it gets the cruise started off with a bang

8 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Yeah....want a treatment (massage, nails, hair, facial) at a specific time?  Pay the premium price...willing to 'just go' whenever....wait till you are on board.  I always book the Mrs 3-4 things for the first day at sea.....the most expensive thing to do 😉

But....it gets the cruise started off with a bang

Haha I do the same thing. I just factor it in to the cost of the cruise but it helps her relax for the duration of the cruise.

33 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

This is the major factor. Its unfortunate because most treatments are at least twice the cost they would be at a land based spa

100 min Swedish message for couples....$463 per guest!! If we could afford almost $1000 for a massage, I would get a suite instead!

I was just on the Odyssey.   Gals came around certain places and handed out $50 off any spa treatment cards.   A manicure was $49.  So it only cost me the tip.  Also did a pedicure using another coupon.  They gave you 2 at a time.   I loved it and hope to see it again sometime!   I think the spa was not busy and they were promoting business.  They also threw in a free mini facial after the manicure.    I seem to see better offers for spa treatments on the ship.

4 hours ago, LovetoCruise87 said:

100 min Swedish message for couples....$463 per guest!! If we could afford almost $1000 for a massage, I would get a suite instead!

Did you read the fine print on that?  I do believe the $463 price includes the 2 of you since it is promoted as a couples massage.
Only one guest is buying it, that is why you will see both guests listed on your reservation (or more guests listed if you have 3 or 4 in your cabin) when it "asks" who is making the purchase.