NAAT test

Cile

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-need-an-rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

Where should I go to get a pre-cruise COVID-19 test? What types of tests are accepted? Where do I submit the results?

A

Accepted Tests for Guests Sailing from North America (U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada) and Europe

Below are details about which tests are accepted to board the ship. The type of test you need for your cruise, as well as the testing window, can vary depending on your vaccination status. If you are unclear on test requirements for your cruise, visit our main COVID-19 testing FAQ to learn more.

Accepted Types of Tests and Results

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test”
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test"
  • The test must be supervised by a health professional, such as a doctor, pharmacy technician, public health worker, or telehealth professional. Telehealth testing at home is only accepted for vaccinated guests, and only when it is conducted under live video supervision. Learn more about acceptable telehealth tests including our home test kit.
  • You must receive a valid results document from your test provider that includes the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “negative” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document. 

Tests We Do Not Accept

• Antibody tests are not accepted, as they do not detect a current infection.
  • Home test kits that are self-administered at home, and not supervised live by a telehealth professional, are also not accepted.
  • Supervised telehealth tests are not accepted for unvaccinated guests – only for vaccinated guests.

On 5/19/2022 at 9:59 AM, Cile said:

We are leaving next Sunday on cruise  I check with RC and they told me NAAT test is acceptable? I hope it is?  

Yes NAAT is a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test they are accepted at RCL for pre-boarding test. I know that many pharmacys offer this test. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, SherylGirl said:

Where are NAAT tests discussed explicitly on their website?

The only place I see it referenced anymore is in the FAQ, and it's in a section for Accepted Tests for Guests Sailing from Europe & Israel.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

Accepted Types of Tests and Results:

• There are two common types of diagnostic COVID-19 tests. 
    • A molecular test, also called a PCR test or NAAT test – our testing requirements call this a “PCR test” 
    • An antigen test, also called a rapid antigen test – our testing requirements call this an “antigen test” 

I have used a NAAT test from Walgreens and it was accepted.

9 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The only place I see it referenced anymore is in the FAQ, and it's in a section for Accepted Tests for Guests Sailing from Europe & Israel.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

I have used a NAAT test from Walgreens and it was accepted.

As have I and a bazillion others, especially when they were automatically free.

3 hours ago, SherylGirl said:

Very interesting. Do you know why it was mentioned for Israel, but not for people from the US who are traveling to Canada? Shouldn’t all acceptable tests be identified in every category of location?

It used to be on a page that defined what tests were accepted when everyone had to test and the protocols were the same everywhere, just somehow didn't get copied over everywhere.

Thank you for your reply Ashley. I wish that those answering phones for the cruise line had a quick, correct response to this kind of question. It must be asked of them all the time. When I asked if the rapid NAAT was acceptable, they resorted to their prepared notes on the topic. Since NAAT wasn’t discussed in the information they were using, I was told it was not acceptable. Do you live in the United States?

41 minutes ago, SherylGirl said:

Do you live in the United States?

I do. Honestly the port workers that will be checking you in are looking for your name, date the test was taken and the words NEGATIVE and don't look at much else. But I completely understand wanting to make sure you are doing what you are supposed to do!