Port Valet out of Seattle

Hello fellow cruisers!

Fellow cruisers, we are in such a cool club aren't we?

Has anyone used the Port Valet out of the port of Seattle? I booked with them about a month ago for our cruise that leaves in 24 days and received confirmation that we are all set. My question is will they notify RC of the need for Disembarkation day or should I check in with guest services on the ship to make sure? I like the idea of my luggage being taken to the airport for me.

thanks in advance😀

• 2 weeks later...

We didn't receive any information about this in advance, but mid-cruise last week on Ovation we received information about it in our stateroom. You can give them your flight information and they will check you in for the flight and deliver your checked bags to the airport. Your boarding passes and tags for the luggage are delivered to your stateroom early in the evening. Any baggage fees are billed to your SeaPass account very late on the last night. 

For our checked bags, the last time we touched them prior to baggage claim in Raleigh was putting in the hallway at 7:00 p.m. Very convenient.

On 5/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, Harbuddies said:

Hello fellow cruisers!

Fellow cruisers, we are in such a cool club aren't we?

Has anyone used the Port Valet out of the port of Seattle? I booked with them about a month ago for our cruise that leaves in 24 days and received confirmation that we are all set. My question is will they notify RC of the need for Disembarkation day or should I check in with guest services on the ship to make sure? I like the idea of my luggage being taken to the airport for me.

thanks in advance😀

Prior to the Ovation May 13th sailing I signed up for Port Valet online and received a confirmation email from them. On the Ovation a sign up sheet was provided so I also filled that out and returned to Guest Services.

The last night by 6:30 PM I received our boarding passes and luggage tags in our stateroom. We set our luggage out and did not see it again until we arrived at our home airport.

Ovation of the Seas Luggage Valet Program.pdf

20 minutes ago, Harbuddies said:

thanks rbdavis3591! I'll definitely look for the sign up sheet in our stateroom and promptly return to Guest Services.

Since you had signed up for the Port Valet, were you able to disembark in an earlier group?

Port Valet group departure times depended on the time of your flight. If you have a relatively early flight you will be among the first off following the self-assist group. If your flight is later, you will be called along with the middle groups.

56 minutes ago, Harbuddies said:

thanks rbdavis3591! I'll definitely look for the sign up sheet in our stateroom and promptly return to Guest Services.

Since you had signed up for the Port Valet, were you able to disembark in an earlier group?

The attached file lists the Ovation's departure times based on assigned luggage tag numbers.

Port Valet departures were either:

• 8:00 AM if your flight was from 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM or
  • 8:45 AM if your flight was after 1:30 PM

Our departure time was 8:45 am since our flight was not until 5:30 PM so we stayed in our stateroom and monitored the status of departure numbers being called on the TV.

By 8:35 AM every luggage tag number above us had been called so we went from stateroom to gangway to CBP. Only delay we experienced exiting the terminal building was when the group ahead of us did not have their passports out for CBP to examine.

Ovation of the Seas Tips For An Easy Departure.pdf

Just got off the Quantum using this. Interestingly they didn't leave us any info about it in the room. We didn't sign up in advance so we went to guest services around day 4 and they gave us the forms we needed. You have to give 24 hours notice I think so I'm glad we checked in with them. Tags arrived later in the day on the last night, and they said to not include or follow our departing time tags. They never called or mentioned the valet times on departure day, and when I asked the crew member in our debarkation lounge he didn't really know about it either. We ended up just walking off around 8:00am without much guidance. 8:00 was our time, but we probably could have walked off even earlier since no one was checking. Like others said, they will charge the bag fee to your room. I was a little worried and confused because I flew with Alaska, and you can't prepay for bags, you can only pay when you are checking in for the flight the day before. When I did check in, the bag fee was zeroed out and the fee ($30) was on our stateroom account. 

I was half worried that my bag wouldn't make it, because the process almost seems too good to be true, but there it was at my airport's baggage claim! Interestingly it was like the 15th bag off, so not sure if that was a coincidence or not.