Traveling with Golf Clubs - Any tips?

Traveling with my wife, and two boys 15, and 17 on Harmony a week from Sunday.  Me and my two boys are golfing before and during the cruise.  Any tips on getting the golf clubs on the ship?  Carry them on vs using the Porter?  We are part of the Key program, will they take them directly to the room for us if we take them as part of the carry on bags?  Thank you for any help.

3 hours ago, Layne said:

Traveling with my wife, and two boys 15, and 17 on Harmony a week from Sunday.  Me and my two boys are golfing before and during the cruise.  Any tips on getting the golf clubs on the ship?  Carry them on vs using the Porter?  We are part of the Key program; will they take them directly to the room for us if we take them as part of the carry on bags?  Thank you for any help.

If you carried them on, I would presume they would take them to your room with the rest of your carry on's as part of the Key as they are carry-on. However, all carry on luggage must go through an x-ray machine at security and these are similar to the x-ray machine at the airport for your carry on luggage. It would need to fit through the x-ray machine. Not to mention, you'll be carrying them, with the rest of your carry on luggage (if you have any, I am asuming you will) from the terminal entrance, into a queue t to go through security, up an escalator, into a waiting area, then up the jet bridge gangway to the ship and from there to the MDR for the drop off. There's a lot of walking involved.

If you leave your golf bags with the rest of your luggage before you enter the terminal, as long as they have a baggage tag on them, they should make it to the room no later than 6pm. (Yes, I know bags usually get delivered earlier, but allowing for delays.) If you have a travel case for your golf bags, I would HIGHLY recommend that as bags are put into containers to be transferred to the ship and they try to maximize that space. 

Keep in mind, getting off the ship, you would either have to leave the golf bags outside the night before to be collected by ship staff to be collected in the baggage claim area of the terminal, or carry them off yourselves - involving taking them with your other carry-on luggage from your cabin to the baggage claim area in the terminal without assistance. Porters are available in the terminal to assist with luggage from that point. 

Personally, especially if I had a travel case for my golf clubs, I would let the porters handle it and not deal with lugging it around. 

Hope this helps!