ArriveCAN

We just got off a Los Angeles to Vancouver cruise last week...so we had to do the ArriveCAN thing.  It was actually quite easy.  Most difficult part was centering our passports and Covid vaccine cards into the photo frame...but, once we got the hang of that, VERY EASY.  The app even populated the info into the blanks off of my scanned docs.  I printed out the QR codes just in case I had any issues with my cell phone.

Remember to use your first port of entry into Canada--ours was Victoria, not Vancouver...but, we were never even asked to present anything upon arrival in Victoria or Vancouver.  I think I only flashed the QR codes when checking onto the cruise in LA.

Unless they change things in the next 3 months, we'll have to do it all again for our August Transatlantic cruise that stops in Newfoundland and Halifax--even though we don't disembark until Boston.

Is this Arrivecan only needed for Alaska cruises on the west coast? Is this needed for the Canada/New England out of Cape Liberty? I am thinking it is required for the Canada/new cruises because it is a Canada government requirement

Sailing on the Adventure next week and so far Royal has not sent any emails about this and when i checked their requirements for sailings out of Cape Liberty there is nothing about this. For my cruise the first canada port is Halifax

16 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Is this Arrivecan only needed for Alaska cruises on the west coast? Is this needed for the Canada/New England out of Cape Liberty? I am thinking it is required for the Canada/new cruises because it is a Canada government requirement

Sailing on the Adventure next week and so far Royal has not sent any emails about this and when i checked their requirements for sailings out of Cape Liberty there is nothing about this. For my cruise the first canada port is Halifax

I’m on this sailing. Nothing from RC by email yet, but it’s now (hidden) as a requirement in the app.  When you open the app, there’s a blue banner that says “welcome aboard!”  Click on that and it says that all guests must complete the mandatory travel information prior to your entry into Canada via the arrivecan website regardless of whether or not they choose to go ashore. 

This is from the Canadian Travel website. Royal's Website lists nothing for Canada (even from Seattle) for US Roundtrips. My understanding is that the App is needed prior to embarkation if the cruise ship enters Canadian waters. COVID-19: Cruise ship travel – Travel.gc.ca

image.thumb.png.da48b0a9ea4175af9bba0797ad293cf8.png

This is also from Allie, who writes with Royal Caribbean Blog - while this specifically mentions Alaska as her trip, it references all of Canada as well. 

How to use the ArriveCAN app for your Alaska cruise | Royal Caribbean Blog

27 minutes ago, Jkaczano said:

I’m on this sailing. Nothing from RC by email yet, but it’s now (hidden) as a requirement in the app.  When you open the app, there’s a blue banner that says “welcome aboard!”  Click on that and it says that all guests must complete the mandatory travel information prior to your entry into Canada via the arrivecan website regardless of whether or not they choose to go ashore. 

on my app it does not have that. i only see the usually things about what to pack, using the app, make reservations, etc, etc

4 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

Weird, I"m going on Adventure on May 31 and I do not see this in the app....it discusses "dress for weather and alll sorts of other things under the welcome banner, but nothing about Canada app.

4 hours ago, DDD said:

Royal has done a very poor job at notifying passengers, in my opinion. That certainly hasn't helped the hours-long backups at the Seattle embarkations.

For the May 13 Ovation of the Seas Seattle embarkation our ArriveCAN information was not asked for. The embarkation backup was caused by people showing up at 10:30 am regardless of assigned boarding times.

We are sailing 6/10 to Alaska, I have been watching updates on Youtube for things like this and of course Covid updates. I agree RC has not been very good in relaying pertinent information. I found out about needing to load the Arrive Can app 2 months ago and from other cruise line updates on Youtube, I highly suggest to look for updates as often as possible on your own.

• 2 weeks later...

We completed the form prior to embarkation on Ovation. We did not need to show evidence to board in Seattle. Onboard, there were reminders to fill out the form before arriving in Victoria. We did not need to show evidence to leave the ship in Victoria. YMMV