Crown and Anchor Discounts on Balcony and Suites - not seeing this

9 minutes ago, Carlos A. said:

Also when is the cruise you're booking? I believe you have to book a cruise 6 months or more in advance to take advantage of this perk.

YMMV

We booked a cruise departing July 4 (7 weeks out) last night and the C&A discount brought the price of a JS down from double the price for a Superior Ocean View Balcony to about one-and-one-half the price (factoring in the reduced price for the SOV Balcony).

Unfortunately, sometimes your C&A discount will not be the "best" discount and VERY often discounts cannot be stacked (meaning you cannot have more than 1 discount apply).  If there is another discount that is being applied and it is a better discount than the C&A, the price will only display the "better" option.  It appears as if the C&A discount has been ignored (and in fact, I suppose, it has been) but in actuality, the C&A discount has just been superseded by a more lucrative discount.  It can be very difficult to decipher whether the C&A discount has been applied and ultimately superseded in favor of a better discount offer.  That's a shortcoming of the cruise fare quoting system.  It would be nice if the pricing would show that the C&A discount was considered and then ultimately overwritten...but it does not.  This shortcoming also applies to other potential discounts, not just the C&A discount.

So, if you have some other discount showing, chances are, that discount has superseded your C&A discount.  If no other discounts are displayed, then there is a problem somewhere.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Unfortunately, sometimes your C&A discount will not be the "best" discount and VERY often discounts cannot be stacked (meaning you cannot have more than 1 discount apply).  If there is another discount that is being applied and it is a better discount than the C&A, the price will only display the "better" option.  It appears as if the C&A discount has been ignored (and in fact, I suppose, it has been) but in actuality, the C&A discount has just been superseded by a more lucrative discount.  It can be very difficult to decipher whether the C&A discount has been applied and ultimately superseded in favor of a better discount offer.  That's a shortcoming of the cruise fare quoting system.  It would be nice if the pricing would show that the C&A discount was considered and then ultimately overwritten...but it does not.  This shortcoming also applies to other potential discounts, not just the C&A discount.

So, if you have some other discount showing, chances are, that discount has superseded your C&A discount.  If no other discounts are displayed, then there is a problem somewhere.

I feel that the C&A discount should be calculated over and above the sale price. The loyalty perk should always come off the back end, otherwise its not a perk if you are just getting the same rate that anyone else can get. 

25 minutes ago, KJones said:

@Cruise PirateThere are earlier opportunities to enter it too. Look for "Apply a promo code and exclusive rates discount" links on the first page and when you select how many guests (pre- room selection).

TY very much I missed that you could enter the C&A number there