Seapass

I believe the answer is YES you can restrict charging privileges on any seapass card.

Although, the first link is Aus. I seem to remember it asking the same question on USA checkin for my wife, who I always grant that privilege to.  Though it seems to be an all or nothing Not a Limit. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/aus/en/faq/questions/children-seapass-limit?country=AUS

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/can-limits-be-placed-on-arcade-spending#:~:text=Can limits be placed by parents or guardians on arcade spending%3F&text=The system is automatically set,onboard to adjust the limit.

My husband and I were just on Oasis last week and we are going with the whole family on another cruise in August. While on the ship, we asked at guest services if we can place spending limits on our our youngest kids’ Seapass cards. She asked if they were over 15. I said, yes, then she told me to go to guest services when we board and they can place a daily limit on each of my teen’s cards. I don’t know why age matters, but this is what they told me. Hopefully this is something we can do for the next cruise. One kid will listen and not overspend, another….not so much!

6 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I tried on a handful of cruises over the years to put a limit on my kids cards.  Guest services couldn’t allow it.  So I gave them zero ability to charge.  

Yes, that was what we did until our son entered high school.

I am following this topic as I think it's relevant to me.   It would be a nice feature; I have 4 kids including 2 teens, We will be cruising in Dec 22; and it would be nice to add various limits to each child based on need, anticipated use, maturity, (whether or not they do their jobs leading up to the trip,) etc.   The oldest will need funds if he want to play in the arcade or to buy a Mocktail; but the youngest doesn't need permissions to spend a dime as he'll be with one of the olders at every turn.

Onboard, we went to Guest Services and asked that very question, because one stop was Coco Cay and we were worried about our kids spending money.  They put a $ 1.00 limit on their cards so the card still worked but they could not spend any money.  It worked great and this is what we do now every time we cruise.  You have to be onboard the ship to make this happen, simple and easy.