Celebrity Summit (JUN 02, 2022) Changed Itinerary

On 5/21/2022 at 2:11 PM, SJ Vail said:

They did it to accommodate us and the Bermuda Covid test requirements (negative test within 2 days of embarkation and Bermuda website states as long as they are first stop they’ll accept that one test). We are thankful since we would all be out of compliance to enter Bermuda with the original itinerary 

Of course, nothing in life (that is important) is easy.  It appears as though this change in itinerary has made testing easier, but there is now a "debate" on who confirms the test.  There appear to be two "competing" interpretations of the latest "direction":

1).  Celebrity will take our BTA and match to our MAY 31 Rapid Antigen Test at the pier to complete the BTA process.  (Everyone will have needed to submit their $40 and make the application with their upload of an appropriate Vaccination Record). Or ...

2).  Send in the MAY 31 Rapid Antigen Test on the 31st to the BTA so they can approve our BTA before we get to the pier on JUN 02.

I would bet money it is point 1).  The BTA could then:

• collect the money
  • have X do all the hard work (get criticized if there were issues)
  • need fewer staff (since X was doing extra work for the BTA)
  • have more money of their weekly BBQ from 12noon to sundown on every Friday😉

I am very interested on what happens to those cruising on MAY 23st.

Curt from Canada

We just got home from our Bermuda cruise on Celebrity.  Getting the Travel Authorization was a nightmare.  We had all of our information (including the negative test results) uploaded by noon 2 days before embarkation.  We flew to New Jersey and arrived at the hotel 3pm the afternoon before embarkation.  I checked my email and nothing from Bermuda so I called the number that was on the received verification email and waited nearly an hour (started at 78 in line).  Once I was able to talk to the Bermuda rep I found out we were okay and he sent the Travel Authorization immediately.  We had to sign it electronically and download the pdf.  Many people did not do this the day before and they were standing outside the port in the rain on hold waiting for their TA.  Lesson learned is be proactive and don't assume Bermuda will do their job in sending the approval.

46 minutes ago, Shari said:

We just got home from our Bermuda cruise on Celebrity.  Getting the Travel Authorization was a nightmare.  We had all of our information (including the negative test results) uploaded by noon 2 days before embarkation.  We flew to New Jersey and arrived at the hotel 3pm the afternoon before embarkation.  I checked my email and nothing from Bermuda so I called the number that was on the received verification email and waited nearly an hour (started at 78 in line).  Once I was able to talk to the Bermuda rep I found out we were okay and he sent the Travel Authorization immediately.  We had to sign it electronically and download the pdf.  Many people did not do this the day before and they were standing outside the port in the rain on hold waiting for their TA.  Lesson learned is be proactive and don't assume Bermuda will do their job in sending the approval.

Shari ... thank you for being the " Canary in the Cave".  They seem to have simplified everything for the BTA (by making the cruise lines do most of the work).

I am curious.  After the initial gauntlet you had to run to get on the ship how did it go?  Any highs any lows?  Most importantly, my dancing shoes are already packed, are any of the bands "dance worthy".  We think we might be hanging out in the Rendezvous Lounge a lot, but this is our first time on X so we are not sure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Curt from Canada

16 hours ago, Curt From Canada said:

Shari ... thank you for being the " Canary in the Cave".  They seem to have simplified everything for the BTA (by making the cruise lines do most of the work).

I am curious.  After the initial gauntlet you had to run to get on the ship how did it go?  Any highs any lows?  Most importantly, my dancing shoes are already packed, are any of the bands "dance worthy".  We think we might be hanging out in the Rendezvous Lounge a lot, but this is our first time on X so we are not sure.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

Curt from Canada

Because of being proactive we were on the ship in less than 15 minutes.  With all of the people trying to get there TA they were not enforcing your check in times. That may be different with the new ease of obtaining the TA.  One other thing is there was a COVID outbreak on our ship.  When we reached Charleston 2 people were transported to the hospital by ambulance.  We watched and they seemed to be older but not severe.  When we got home 2 days later one of our traveling companions tested positive.  We tested negative but will test again today.  Several people on board were coughing and not seeking medical diagnosis so I think this may have made the outbreak worse.  If you feel bad or are coughing please be considerate and get tested by the medical staff!

Also the dance band went between Rendezvous and the Sky lounge.  Rendezvous had a better attended bar and service.  Don't ask for any cocktail other than martinis at the Martini bar since they don't know how to make them.  When in Charleston only music on the pool deck is the "Silent" disco since Charleston has strict noise ordinances.  We had a great time!