Need help. Looking into switching flight from Vancouver to Seattle

Jill

Can anyone tell me the earliest flight we could try getting off ship in Vancouver and flying out of Seattle? Looking at a 1:54pm. Doable? 

Also what is currently the best way to get from port to Seattle? I believe the train is not currently running. 

@smokeybanditany suggestions since you just did this? 

I booked Quick Bus/Shuttle to get to Seattle since it picks up right at the pier.  It's due into Seattle airport at 1:30pm with a 9am departure.

Cantrail/Amtrak bus is another option but you have to get to the station in Vancouver then get to the Seattle airport from downtown.

Or rent a car. Though that'll cost you over $300 at this point.

I didn't actually change flights, just booked another one.  I'm hedging my bets right now with a refundable fare out of Seattle. If they suddenly drop the test requirement (and there's a big push lately by the travel big wigs) prior to my disembarkation day, I'll cancel the new flight and stick with the Vancouver flight.

29 minutes ago, Jill said:

Looking at a 1:54pm. Doable? 

I wouldn't risk it on a week day -- too many possible bottlenecks and traffic can be very unpredictable into the city. The stress would ruin whatever benefit I reaped from my vacation. I mean, you would 90% be totally fine, but...

I have friends who live in Everett and work at SeaTac. Just hearing their commute stories is awful, and they work swing shift so not even regular morning commute times.

2 hours ago, Jill said:

Can anyone tell me the earliest flight we could try getting off ship in Vancouver and flying out of Seattle? Looking at a 1:54pm. Doable? 

Also what is currently the best way to get from port to Seattle? I believe the train is not currently running. 

@smokeybanditany suggestions since you just did this? 

Doable? yes

Recomended? Absolutely not. Too many variables with the border as well as traffic. Sea-tac airpot is located south of Seattle so you would have to go right through Seattle as well.

Will echo the previous posters--if absolutely everything went according to plan, it might be theoretically possible. But there is way too much potential for delays due to traffic or at the border to think it's likely. 

Last time I went, like @twangster, we used the Quick Shuttle. It took us right at about 4 hours, and that was dropping us off in downtown Seattle, not even going all the way to the airport. Unless you just have a super high risk tolerance, I wouldn't recommend a flight that early. 

Just a thought--we got a hotel in Seattle for the night and flew out the next morning. Had a great time just roaming the city sightseeing. Might be something to consider if your schedule would allow it.  Good luck!